“I wish I could enjoy vegan food”

Green Point My Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 821 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Is our dream for peace in this world full of suffering and pain, we have faith that this small step we will teach and show the truth about our little brothers ANIMALS. Our fight is full of love and hope, begins by providing forms and ways of finding food choices without products from animal origin and in the same way helping organic farmers, creating new sources of market. There is hope for animal liberation and teach people how to help get past their wall of denial and manifest their latent compassion. To succeed in our interactions with others, we must be rooted in empathy and understanding, working with and for motivations, fears, desires, and shortcomings of a person. Instead of approaching with a "fighting" mindset, which necessarily makes people defensive and closed to new ideas, we should provide people information that they can digest on their own time and act upon at a sustainable pace, only then will be a real progress to be made.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I preface this by saying I am neither a vegan or a vegetarian- rather, I am what i call an 'aspiring' vegetarian. So with this as a framework here are my thoughts on Green Point. Rated no3 on tripadvisor our anticipation was high. This is a quaint simple 'hippy style' cafe- no more. The food is well presented but sushi filled with potato is not my ideal. The pumpkin ravioli was a bit stodgy. And the juices were odd in combination. Broccoli In a juice may be good but it was not combined with other ingredients to make the juice taste nice. That said I am sure the food is good for the planet and good for me.

VeganFabri, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Green Point My Vegan Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your comment, it is of a great importance for us, even good or bad. As we know people have different tastes and preferences, makes us happy to know that the most people who visit us, like our combinations and that's why we are in a good position on Trip Advisor. I take this opportunity to make a correction, our sushi does not contain potato, so is impossible that you had this ingredient in yours. The ravioli is made with homemade pasta, maybe you are proficient with the industrialized one, so our felt heavy for you and our juices like Green Juices and Smoothies have their combinations specified in our Menu, you could order a combination of your preference (with the ingredients you like). The satisfaction of our customers is very important to us, so if we had informed that you had not enjoyed the food and drinks, gladly we would trade for another dish. We hope that despite your experience was not as expected, you still can also give a chance to veganism, because it is not only about good or bad food but about compassion.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

999 - 1,003 of 1,918 reviews

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This restaurant has such amazing food! I am vegan and it can be challenging finding restaurants in other countries that serve food I can eat. But this place had all vegan food and it was SO good! I had the ravioli and chocolate mousse for dessert - both were incredible. The service was really great, too. I would definitely recommend this place - even to non-vegans or non-vegetarians! The prices were very reasonable, as well.

First I would like to thank you for being Vegan, this shows us that you are a person of great compassion. Thank you for coming, we are very happy to know you left satisfied with our food. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Food is excellent. Soups were invariably outstanding. Somosas are a must order for appetizers. Entrees are varied and imaginative, and very generous. Presentation of all dishes is outstanding. This restaurant in NYC would be charging 5 times the price, and that is saying something because Cusco is not cheap by Peruvian standards. Very touristy and pricey, but Green Point was a real find. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great dining experience for not a lot of money. Also, the wait service is very congenial--interesting international backgrounds and great to talk to. Last but not least, don't forget to save room for the chocolate cake, baked home made daily.

1  Thank George L
VeganFabri, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Green Point My Vegan Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Know that you had a good experience here gives us immense satisfaction. The complete satisfaction of our customers is what gives us the strength to get up every day and give the best of ourselves to this restaurant to work more and better. Know that you liked everything gives us hope that one day the world will be vegan and kill an animal of any kind will be considered a crime. Thank you very much for coming, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

By far the best food I've had since I've been in Peru! You would be missing out if you don't stop in here, food is delicious and very resonantly priced :)

Thank you for coming, we are glad you enjoyed with us and recommend us to the other travelers. We offer good food with a reasonable price so everybody can come and try the vegan cuisine. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After travelling round Peru for 16 days my brother and I (both vegan) my mum (veggie) and dad (omnivore) found this in cusco.
The food is out of this world, amazing value and the staff are super lovely and informative!

100% would reccomend to anyone who is vegan, veggie or into healthy fresh food. Even my dad enjoyed it!!

Thank you very much for your review and for coming. First of all we want to thank you and your brother for being vegan. Is really good to know that even your father not being vegan he enjoyed our food, we hope that after his experience he can give a chance to veganism. The reason why our restaurant exists, is to show the world that we do not need eat meat to eat a delicious food.