“Nice hotel and staff....tiny rooms”

Casa Andina Standard Cusco Plaza
Ranked #31 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 8 February 2008

I stayed two nights while visiting Cusco... The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was prepared for the room to be small and it was! Much smaller than I expected!! Felt a little clausterphobic!

Would reccomend.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank christie629
There are newer reviews for Casa Andina Standard Cusco Plaza

Reviewed 1 February 2008

I am travel photographer and visit Cusco many times a year, I carry all my expensive photo equipment along with laptop and all the gadgets, so, safety is a big issue for me.

I stayed at Casa-Andina, Plaza, Catedral and Koricancha, I love each of them because of the friendly atmosphere, the strongs colors used in the decoration, wireless in all the rooms, and best of all , a helpful staff.

I leave some of my equipment on storage, and hit the inca trails with absolute confidence, I know they will take proper care.

You won´t feel homesick at Casa-Andina.

Beto Santillan
www.andesmadness.com

Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank andesmadness
Reviewed 30 December 2007

The Casa Andina had been recommended by friends, so I felt comfortable making reservations but I must say that the hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff is so incredibly helpful that is was like having a home away from home. We stayed at the hotel twice, one night before our 4 day trek on the ancient inca trail and the night after. After a long bus ride from Ollytambo, we were dropped at the plaza mere steps from our hotel, while most people on our trip began looking for cabs. The location can't be beat. The rooms are super clean, starched white sheets, tiled bathrooms, great water pressure in the showers. The breakfast far exceeded our expectations with great coffee, eggs, french toast, cold cuts, fruits, etc. and they started at 5:30am a bonus for us as we had to leave so early. They have coca de mate tea in the lobby and stored our luggage for the four days we were gone on the trek. I had some problems with my LAN tickets and they helped me sort them out and print out my boarding passes. I will definitely stay with them again, they have a few hotels in the chain and I think that the location at the plaza was fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Peru-Travelers
Reviewed 17 December 2007

Great Stay. Staff were very helpful. I stayed three days over the course of a week (therefore three sparate rooms). Left bags (walked the Inca Trail), asked for help at various points to get by in Spanish and only found the staff very helpful and willing to assist at every point. Rooms were good layout for some rooms were average but used the experience of previous nights to ask for a change which was accomodated without questions. Made my stay in Cusco very smooth.

Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank Brisvaegas
Reviewed 14 December 2007

Great location; close to best restaurants and to all the sights. supermarket is about 50 yards from the hotel (Near the Merced). Money exchange was next door to the supermarket with good rates (in the camera store). We had the Queen room with 2 environments and it was cozy and roomy . The breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room overlooked the Plaza de Armas and faced the cathedral. The first floor had free internet. Upon arrival at the airport they have free taxi pickup and two bottles of water awaiting you. When you get to the hotel they bring you Coca leaf tea while you check in. Staff was always available and ready to help with anything. Breakfast was from 5 to 9 which is a little too early except when you are going to Machu Picchu.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Enriquez
Reviewed 20 November 2007

The Casa Andina Cusco Plaza is a three-star hotel just one block away from Plaza de Armas. Therefore, most of the sights of Cusco and a large number of shops and restaurants can be reached within a few minutes.

My room and the bathroom were relatively small but clean. The room was facing a small courtyard, so it was very quiet except for the early morning when almost everyone is leaving for excursions. Complimentary wireless internet access was available in the room.

The staff was friendly. The extensive buffet breakfast was included in the room rate and served on the fourth floor, with a nice view of the plaza.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank mmbi
Reviewed 7 November 2007

I stayed in this property in October and November of 2007, coming from Lima and then returning from Bolivia. Each time I found this to be an excellent choice for those seeking three star accomodations. Excellent location, helpful staff, realiable. Couldn't have been better.

David Block