“A Positive family experience, a great start to our Peru adventure”

Mundo Antiguo Spanish School - Day Course Spanish
Book In Advance
More Info
US$9.50*
and up
Spanish Lessons in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Mundo Antiguo Spanish School is a Spanish language school situated just 100 metres from Cusco's main square - Plaza de Armas! We are also a specialized travel agency for trips in Peru and Bolivia. We take pride in our ability to give exceptional attention to each of our clients due to our small size - we are not a "tourist factory". We distinguish ourselves by listening to you, your interests and wishes. Therefore, we specialize in private lessons. ,,It's not our goal to teach Spanish; it's our goal to teach you Spanish."
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, one 18 year old and one 12 year old). We have finished 20h of Spanish classes with this school. We all individually really appreciated the teachers, the method, and the material offered. We are much better equipped with our new knowledge of the language to continue on with our travel in Peru in the coming months. It was useful, it was fun...we highly recommend this school!
They were great in accommodating our availabilities. Communication via e-mail was efficient. We were able to get details and answers to our questions, and even speak via Skype before our arrival in the country to place each of us in the appropriate spanish level!!
Don't hesitate call or write and reserve!

3  Thank arbredumonde

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I studied at this school with Jimmy as my teacher for about 10 days in December 2013 and he was a very good teacher. I'm one of the slowest language students you can get but he was always patient with me and pushed me when I needed it. Now I am on my own and I can usually ask about what I want and get around. I even stayed with Rik and Norma for a homestay where I was given delicious meals and they always wanted to take care of me. All in all a good place :)

2  Thank Kelley H
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I studied full-time for two weeks at this little known Spanish school in Cusco. The staff were incredibly helpful and understanding.
Run by Rik and his wife Norma we were always made to feel welcome.
With no previous experience in Spanish our schedule was comprehensive and quite thorough. By the end of our stay we had considerable skills in comprehension and acceptable verbal abilities sufficient to initiate many conversations in Spanish.
Our teachers Amauta and Jimmy set the pace to our ever advancing level within a comfortable and professional environment. Fantastic value for money....!
Don't change guys we can't wait to came back for a refresher course
Rhett and Georgia,
Australia..

2  Thank Rhett76
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Mundo Antiguo Spanish school, right in the center of Cusco, is a real family style Spanish school and travel agency. The owners are: Norma from Peru and Rik from the Netherlands, who together combine the best qualities of Peruvian teachers and Dutch talent in organizing.
An additional quality from Norma and Rik is that they treat their teachers equally and almost as a part of their family. This results in a 'home like' environment where people feel welcome to learn and practice their Spanish!
Also as a travel agency, Mundo Antigo Tours is a very good choice, since they combine quality tours with personal service. One of the best things I like about them is that I can always rely on them when it comes to getting things arranged, even during in-expected situations or emergencies. This is something very important in a continent where many often refuse to take any responsibility...

2  Thank Worldtraveller2u
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Having re-located to Peru several years ago, I first found myself being based in Cusco. After receiving several glowing recommendations from fellow travellers, and also from the South American Explorers club, I decided to sign up for Spanish classes at Mundo Antiguo.

I am an admittedly lazy student, but the one-on-one classes I had were fun and so well structured that I found myself learning at a good and solid rate. It wasn't long before I had learnt sufficient to be able to feel confident speaking the language out an about around Cusco.

Since moving away from Cusco, I have taken 'top-up' classes elsewhere, but have not experienced anywhere near the same level of either professionalism or friendliness that I felt when with Rik and Norma at Mundo Antiguo. I am now considering taking more classes with them via their internet teacher option.

The best part of studying here, is that they were also the most competitively priced, much cheaper than some of the bigger chain schools.

I strongly advise anyone looking for classes to contact Mundo Antiguo, as the results speak themselves, and you are likely to receive a much better service than elsewhere.

2  Thank mark7780