Book In Advance
Tours from Peru Travel Company tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Peru Travel Company
from US$39.00
from US$560.00
from US$415.00
from US$290.00
More Info
All reviews rainbow mountain his team machu picchu amazing experience jungle trail next morning local guide zip line entire group lake titicaca toilet paper two hours salkantay trek william hostel rodrigo tickets
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Don't use any Pirwa agency for anything. They were dishonest and lied about tour options forcing us to then buy additional tickets to eventually see the parts of the sanctuary and park that we wanted to. Even their hostel staff lied about check out times and other reservation issues. Our interaction with Pirwa finally ended when they failed to pick us up as contracted from the Poroy train station while returning to Cusco. I'm still fighting to get a refund on the services Pirwa did not provide and the trouble they caused.

Buy tickets early for Huayna Picchu. Early morning fog is common, so plan a weather back up day(s) if seeing the sunrise is your goal. Do the Montaña Mountain tour with the main sanctuary and a guided tour. It was a 69 minute hike up and 43 minute hike down. Completely awesome views and experience in the park. No bathrooms inside the area and costs $S 1 for the WC.

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thanks to Gate1 Peru, this trip was one of the most memorable & AWESOME experiences I've ever had. Friends & family had expressed how wonderful their trips were to this ancient Incan civilization but they left the part out about how MAGICAL this destination really is. This trip completely SURPASSED my expectations!!! The Gate1 itinerary of starting in Lima then acclimating to altitude in Cuzco made the trek to Aguas Caleintes / Machu Picchu a true ADVENTURE. The hike up the path to the vistas to see this marvel is so worth it. Walking its corridors & being able to pet the llamas roaming free is BONUS!!! The splendor of these mountains is only matched by the hospitality of Peru's people who lovingly share their natural treasures & heritage with their visitors.

A special note of gratitude to my A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Tour Guides, Arturo Espinoza, along with Gate1’s support staff (drivers, city/site guides, etc.) that were constantly looking out for our group of 40. Marcos, in particular, was a co-tour leader & in a separate group from my own. We had the pleasure of celebrating our birthdays together :) His Peruvian charm, wit & smile made me feel truly honored to share this auspicious occasion. Our Gate1 family danced & ate the night away with us… We even got the birthday song sang to us in two different languages!!! I will fondly remember my first Pisco (pronounced pees-co) Sour, Chicha (pronounced chee-cha) & guinea pig with a grateful heart because of the incredible people I had the pleasure to meet & travel with. Muchas GRACIAS, Gate1....WELL DONE!!!

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Started in Lima with a tour, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Altiplano to Puno. Tours organised with Condor Travel and would highly recommend this company and their very knowledgeable, organised and caring guides which made our experience in this part of the world a fabulous experience. Thank you.
Chris H, Perth West Australia

Date of experience: November 2013
1  Thank chris h
Reviewed 18 February 2014

When I arrived in Cusco, I really don't know where to book my trek for the Machu Picchu, I walk around the city and I see a lot of agency, but I decided to do my Salkantay with this company and I really enjoy it.

Firstly the guide was perfect, good english and very helpful and friendly, also all the trek we have a good dinner with coca tea for the cold. The trek its a little be hard but is a trek no…. and when you arrived at Machu Picchu is just amazing…. :)

Thanks at all the team of Peru Travel Company for this amazing experience.

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The place where you really might want to visit is Machu Picchu if you are traveling to Peru. With so many rocks, greens, flowers, and mountains, Machu Picchu was the best place for me to feel and get the "nature power". If you stay alone in a midst of the jungle or seas, whatever God's handiworks , you won't get annoyed or depressed. Rather than that, you'll feel refreshed and calm. That's what I mean by "nature power".
You surely need to go to the highest place of Machu Picchu. What you can see when you go there is the very small city surrounded by many mountains. With fresh air, you might question to yourself "Why did the Incas settled their city at such a high place and why did they stop building their community ?"
It will be great if you greet other tourists. The more you greet, people smile back. But some things that I really don't want you to do is to take pictures of jumping, smoking, and taking nap (there were so many people trying to take nap. They got so much "nature power" hahaha). There are so many staff and guides in Machu Picchu and they will warn you and especially about jumping pictures, they will delete your pictures. Just for your information, I'm the one who got pictures deleted... haha
Well, I hope you enjoy your trip to Machu Picchu and feel "nature power" !!
Thank you for reading.