“great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Proyecto Peru Spanish School - Spanish 1 Day Class

Proyecto Peru Spanish School - Spanish 1 Day Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Proyecto Peru offers a variety of Spanish courses in our accredited school located conveniently in the historic center of Cusco. Our Spanish courses start every Monday, year-round. We offer, beginner, intermediate, advanced, group and individual courses. Intensive programs are avaiable at all levels of Spanish. We keep our group courses small at a maximum of 4 students, Our teachers are highly qualified, use an interactive method of teaching, and will facilitate learning in the classroom and around the city. Most of all, our Spanish classes will give you a glimpse into the Peruvian culture and are essential for having a successful experience abroad. . ** We invite all our Spanish students to take part in our free weekly activities. Events can include a welcome dinner, salsa classes, movie nights or cooking classes. This is a great way to get to know other students and immerse yourself in the Cusco community. Highlights - Proyecto Peru is an accredited Spanish school with a welcoming staff! - We offer small group courses (max 4 students) that prioritize Spanish conversation from day one! - We offer competitive course and package prices! - For volunteers or interns with a health focus we offer a medical Spanish course and package. - FREE weekly activities for Spanish students including salsa lessons, pisco sour nights, and cooking classes. Review this Program
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

I had a great time studying spanish and volunteering with Proyecto Peru. The family I stayed with were absolutely beautiful and I will miss them. The staff were friendly and helpful. When I did have a small problem with my classes they were quick to help me resolve it. The social activities were great and I made lots of friends. Would definitely recommend proyecto peru. Gracias por todo

Visited October 2015
Ronald T, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Spanish School - Spanish 1 Day Class, responded to this review, 26 October 2015
Dear Symon,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. We are also glad that you had a great time with your host family. We pick the best family to give the best experience for our students. Please feel free to stop by our office whenever you decide to visit Cusco again.

Goodluck in your future endeavors! Gracias por todo tambien.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere for talking classes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2015

Went for a 4 weeks language course including activities and 6h/day private lessons. The lessons were a bit unstructured but I was told they are really working hard to improve that. The atmosphere and the people were great (free activities each week) and I could quite recommend this language school in Cusco.

Visited September 2015
Dear Jasper,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. We will certainly adjust our lessons to be more catered toward's everyone skills and to give the best possible Spanish lessons for our students. We definitely appreciate your comments. Please enjoy your travel and you'remore than welcome to visit us anytime.

Goodluck in your future endeavors!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“More Than Just a School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2015

I LOVED the time I spent at Proyecto Peru last January! The staff were excellent, and so incredibly helpful! From the months leading up to my arrival, they were quick to respond to my endless questions and help me figure out exactly what I wanted to do.
Proyecto provided great quality individual and group Spanish classes for me (I did 100 hours in total) with a wonderful teacher who was not only super patient with me (a total beginner!), but was also a lot of fun! My level of Spanish improved greatly, and these lessons opened up a whole new experience for the rest of my travels through South America.
Proyecto also got me settled into a wonderful homestay (which I HIGHLY reccommend!), hooked me up with some great tours for sightseeing around the city and further out, and provided a really great social hub to meet other travelers. We did all sorts of awesome events, like a night walking tour of the city, a pisco sour making night, and an event where we all brought different local dishes to share and talk about. I made a lot of friends through Proyecto that I still keep in touch with.
The school also got me a volunteer placement with a local orphanage, which was such a great experience through which I learned a lot about the culture and society!
The location of the school was great, the staff became friends, and the prices were on point! I can't recommend them highly enough!

Visited January 2015
Ronald T, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Spanish School - Spanish 1 Day Class, responded to this review, 22 September 2015
Dear Jill,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. Please feel free to stop by our office whenever you decide to visit Cusco again.

Goodluck in your future endeavors!

Chicago, Illinois
“Great School at a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2015

My wife and I spent 8 weeks in Cusco taking Spanish classes and volunteering through Proyecto Peru and had a great experience.

Pros:
- Very small classes. Our "group" lessons were just the two of us and there were only 5 chairs in each room so classes couldn't be bigger than 4.
- Excellent support in locating a volunteer opportunity for my wife that fit with her skill set
- Our homestay was excellent and included 3 delicious meals each day along with a chance to practice our Spanish.
- Thursday activities were fun (Salsa lessons, Pisco Sour night, Trivia, City tours, Peruvian food night, etc.) and gave us the chance to meet students from all over the world.

Con:
- The only con was that the classrooms were not heated and could be cold at night/in the morning. However, the free tea and coffee helped keep us warm.

Visited August 2015
Ronald T, Public Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru Spanish School - Spanish 1 Day Class, responded to this review, 15 September 2015
Hello Nathan,

I would like to thank you and your wife for visiting our school. We really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us and we are glad to have made it a very wonderful time for both of you. If you guys are back in Cusco at any point in time, please don't hesitate to stop by our office.

The Proyecto Peru Team
San Jose, California
“Volunteering, homestay, and spanish lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2015

I have no bad things to say about Proyecto Peru. From start to finish, the office staff was SO incredibly professional and helpful.

I arranged a month-long homestay, spanish course, and volunteering at a midwife clinic. My homestay family was absolutely wonderful. My mother was caring and a great cook. She made me feel right at home. She didn't speak any english, which (for me) was perfect as one of the main reasons that I decided to go abroad was to increase my spanish skills.

The office staff is always SUPER friendly and responsive. Any questions that I had about the program or about Cusco in general were always responded to super thoroughly.

FYI the school is REALLY cold. Make sure you bring layers :)

Visited August 2015
Hello Kallis,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with Proyecto Peru. It was great to hear that you had a great time with us. We really appreciate your time with us and hope you continue your adventures. If you ever come back to Cusco, please don't hesitate to stop by our office.

The Proyecto Peru Team