Open today: 08:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Study Quechua or Spanish and Tour the Cusco Region through Proyecto Peru

I studied Quechua and toured Cusco, the Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca and Machu Picchu. All of this... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
John C
The experience of a lifetime

I was so happy when I found Proyecto Peru on the internet! Before I came to Peru, we had some good... read more

Reviewed 16 June 2018

from US$69.00
from US$81.00
from US$69.00
More Info
All reviews learning spanish language school great school four weeks wonderful teacher great fun south america volunteers classes skills clases pisco sonia study structured peru tours
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

I came here to get some basic Spanish lessons. Because I had little time to spend I just wanted some hours of individual lessons. This was no problem. My teacher Elvira was kind and reacted to my needs in Spanish lessons.

ProyectoPeruCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Sascha,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. We are very grateful for all of the work that you had done for us and we could not have been any happier. We will certainly mention your comment to Elvira and she would be more than happy.

Please feel free to stop by our office whenever you decide to visit Cusco again.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I attended Proyecto Peru for a few weeks when I was traveling Latin America. My Spanish was very poor and I needed to be taught by English to understand better. My teacher Geraldine spoke fluent English and taught me very clearly and patiently. She asked me my goal of learning Spanish and how much I would like to learn so that she could arrange my study plan. My Spanish improved a lot which made the rest of my trip in Latin America much enjoyable. Also, people who work there were all friendly and helpful. Habia muchas activates despues de las clases y conoci buena gente. Me la pase muy bien. Muchas gracias por su ayuda!

ProyectoPeruCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Chiharu,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. We are very grateful for all of the work that you had done for us and we could not have been any happier. We will certainly mention your comment to Geraldine and she would be more than happy.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I just finished an internship of ten weeks at the internship and volunteering department at Proyecto Peru and I must say: I don't know who switched on the time machine?! Time passed by so fast and I enjoyed every day! The staff really makes you feel like a part of the team. I assisted the weekly meetings, they asked for my opinion and gave me freedom with my tasks. I also really enjoyed organising the weekly activities so all students, volunteers and interns got to know each other. My internship at Proyecto Peru was a great experience, thanks again guys!!!

ProyectoPeruCentre, Public Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Anne,

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I spent a bit over a month in Cusco with Proyecto Peru. I chose it because I wanted to study Spanish, volunteer, and visit some of the wonderful places nearby, and Proyecto Peru allowed me to do all of these. My volunteer work with children at an after-school project and at an animal shelter were experiences that truly touched my heart, and I would love to do it again one day. I enjoyed my Spanish teacher and classmates. Most students are young, but even those of us who are older will have a wonderful time. Go with an open, adventurous spirit (and warm clothes), and you will have a remarkable experience.

Dear Tracy,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. We are sure that you touched the children's lives as well.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

This is not only a school for learning Spanish. It is much more than that. It is a place where I met great friend during the activity of the week which is free. It ranges from salsa lessons to learning how to make a pisco sour. Next to that Proyecto Peru is also a place where they have a wide range of voluntary work that you are able to choose from.

I had 3 and a half months of spanish classes with my teacher Sonia. She is a great person and does her job well. For some reason she keeps the lessons interesting and talks a lot to you, which is great for learning Spanish.

The rest of the staff is also amazing and they are very accessible. Over time they seem more like friends than people that just work there.

I also volunteered at a primary school as an English teacher. The kids over there are so enthusiastic towards the volunteers and run up to you every morning on the school yard wanting to play with you.

Overall my time at Proyecto Peru was amazing and I definitely recommend it to everyone.

-Ted

Ronald T, Guest Relations Manager at Proyecto Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear Ted,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Proyecto Peru. We really appreciate it and we are certainly glad that you had a great time. We strive to give our students the best experience while they are in Cusco. Your presence really made the office even more fun. Your enthusiasm and outgoing personality made everyone around you feel comfortable. Don't ever change.