Terra Andina Colonial Mansion
US$381
US$351
  • Pool
1,166 results
All reviewsmachu picchuthe san pedro marketcolonial mansionlocal marketthe hotel staffthe main squarehotel is locatedbreakfast buffetquiet streetfirst floorcomfortable bedsthe breakfast areathree nightshigh altitudefresh fruithot watersacred valley
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We just got back from our trip and LOVED the Terra Andina hotel. The location was close enough to walk to everything. The staff were very nice and so helpful. We upraded to a suite and it was beautiful! Fresh flowers and fruit. 2 bottles of free water, great bathroom and comfy king sized bed. They stored our luggage while we did the Inka Trail hike. Great omelets and more at breakfast included in the price. Free internet use. We miss our home away from home already!

Room Tip: we had a room facing the courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
TerraAndina_11, Manager at Terra Andina Colonial Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your review in TripAdvisor. Your comments help us all at the Terra Andina Hotel, it makes us feel proud of our performance and it encourages us to continue to improve our service.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Terra Andina Hotel is a good choice. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The internet is available at no charge.
I met the former maganger five years ago in AZ and told her that if and when I go to Peru that I would stay at the hotel. I was there for a total of five nights. Mr Fernando Salas Atasi met me at the airport, sold me one of his day tours to the Sacred Valley (with excellent guide Danny) and went to buy me two one day passes for Machu Picchu and the bus tickets. I didn't have to wait on any lines or try to find the office. He took a photo copy of my passport.
I recommend taking the tourist trolley ... Tramvia. It leaves from the Plaza de Armas several times a day. I took my laundry right up the street (turn right when you exit the hotel) and it was ready in 4 hours. With three young daughters, she really needs the business. It was about $5 (3 pants, 4 tops, pj's). I flew Star Peru R/T Lima - Cusco. I bought the ticket online before I left the US. The fare was half of the other airlines.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor both times. It is quite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 September 2011

It's a very nice hotal, with an inner patio, natural light. The bedroom was big, nicely decorated. Really good location, right in the middle of the historical center, within walking distance of the plaza-de-armas. We stored our bags there when going to Machu Picchu and had no problem at all. I recomment it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Velzinha

Reviewed 13 September 2011

The service was above and beyond expectations. We had flowers and fruit in our room on arrival, breakfast was excellent and the prepared to order omelete really nice. On arriving back around 5pm one night I mentioned the lovely smell of home baked bread, I was then presented with two small, warm rolls to enjoy! Our room faced the internal courtyard which meant we didn't have any natural light, but as we only really slept there it didn't matter. Great supermarket at the end of the street for picking up bottled water at normal prices, not inflated prices for tourists! Easy walk to main square and not up hill!

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 12 September 2011

When we pulled up to Terra Andina, we all sort of looked at each other and thought ' oh dear..'. How wrong we were! Genuinely friendly hotel staff/ management , great location near markets, town squares and about 10 minutes to the airport. Breakfast was OUTSTANDING , beds are super comfortable and room service was prompt and inexpensive. My only complaint is that the water takes a while ( 3- 5 minutes) to warm up so don't just jump in the shower ( learned that one the hard way haha!)
Great stay, will definitely be back to Cusco!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family