Free cancellation until 26/07
US$242
US$709
Hotels.com
1,566 results
All reviewsfree taxi servicecell phone to callmachu picchusacred valleyhome away from hometrain stationthe hotel staffstar servicehotel is locatedhot teaeggsthe main squareinca trailtown centrecoca teasitting areathe entire staff
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Thank you to all the staff at Torre Dorada for a GREAT vacation. I want to thank the members of this website for refering me to the best hotel in Latin America. My wife and I traveled to Cusco in preparation for an amazing endeavor: Hiking the inca trail. The staff at Torre Dorada made us feel like a part of their family. They had Oscar (one of the owners) waiting at the airport making sure we arrived safely. Our room was ready at 9 o'clock after a long flight from the states. Torre Dorada reopened the kitchen so my wife and I could eat breakfast before taking a much needed nap. Later that day, they drove us around the city and gave us a quick tour of the town. They informed us about the best places to eat and shop. After 3 days of aclimatization, we departed to Machu Pichu. We left our excess lugage at the hotel, and Peggy made sure that a lunch box was ready for us to take to the trail before our early departure. Also, coffee and hot water to prepare coca tea was readily available at any time. When we returned from the trail, they had our room ready and our luggage was already in our room (they upgraded the room without our consent). The next day, we departed to Lima and the staff weighed our bags to make sure we did not run into trouble at the airport. Overall, Torre Dorada was one of the best experiences in Peru. Hope to come back in the near future.
C Ferron, Knoxville TN USA

1  Thank cferron
Reviewed 20 September 2007

Stayed at Torre Dorada in September 2007. Booked in for 3 nights. Peggy and all her staff were fantastic (Raphael is the best front of house ever).

The hotel is spotless, the breakfast superb but what makes it the best is the help and information that all the staff give you. The rides into the town centre (and back) are a real bonus.

Just don't look anywhere else-- it cannot be bettered.

1  Thank headgreenkeeper
Reviewed 18 September 2007

This cozy hotel could be used as an example of services even for first world countries where Tourism is an old tradition.
The owner Peggy and the staff give you all the time a royal treatment and make you feel at home. The room was impeccable clean, very nice painted and well maintained.
They pick you from any place in the city when you want to return to the hotel. The continental breakfast goes beyond average, the food is well cooked and the dining room is neat.
They prepare a very nice box lunch for you when you travel to Machu Picchu. They pick you from the airport and drop you back, also they take you to the train station to Machu Picchu.
There are hot water and tea along the day and night in the floor halls.
They exceed what you expect from friendliness in any hotel.
And for this oustanding services you don't pay more than the room price. They are simple the best in Cuzco.

2  Thank smartquest
Reviewed 12 September 2007

Peggy & her staff made our stay in Cusco very special. All of the extra touches and personal attention made our trip unforgettable! They have everything you need for a comfortable stay, and offer a personalized touch that made our experience great.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank All_About_Karma
Reviewed 11 September 2007

It's difficult for me to express how happy I was that we choose to stay at Torre Dorada while in Cuzco, but I'll give it my best shot...

Peggy and her staff are amazing, and will literally bend over backwards to accomodate their guests. To begin, we had originally decided to stay at another hotel. However, I wasn't overly impressed with the speed at which they returned my emails. To be specific, I asked them to help me in booking my Machu Picchu trip. The only response they gave me was a link to travel website that wasn't very informative. I then contacted Peggy at Torre Dorada and within a day she had all the details for the trip as well as had set up my bus tickets from Cuzco to Puno. Also, the price of the Machu Picchu trip was over $50 cheaper than what a travel agent had quoted me. Upon receiving the information, I cancelled my stay with the other hotel and booked the stay with Peggy. I probably emailed her 10 times before the trip with many questions and she and Rosemarie quickly answered all my questions.

Their hotel is a bit away from the center of Cuzco. However, the neighbohood is very quiet and allows for some good sleep. The hotel is very new and clean, and the breakfasts were great I can honestly say that I slept so well in our room that a few times I felt like I was at home for a quick second.

Also, Peggy's staff will drive you anywhere you want to go. If one of her drivers is not available she will pay for your taxi.

Peggy was helpful ain advising us of our daily trips and she took a liking to our 8 year old daughter. Everyday she would make our beds and "tidy" up my daughter's teddy bear.

The entire staff was also great,;her brothers are warm and courteous.

Staying with Peggy felt like staying with family. Every night we would spend about 15 minutes chatting with her about our day's activities or anything that came to mind.

To summarize my ramblings:
Torre Dorada is by far the best place to stay in Cuzco and probably the easiest way to organize a trip to Maccu Picchu. Peggy and her staff are wonderful, courteous people......

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family