“Highly recommend!”
Review of Hotel Torre Dorada

Hotel Torre Dorada
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Phenomenal customer service. This hotel picks you up or takes you to whereever you need to go, so you don't have to worry about rogue taxis. They also are very prompt!!!!! Only a phone call away if you are downtown or you can preschedule your pick up. For instance, when I took a train to machupicchu, I have them my drop off and pick up times. They were always there! I couldn't thak them enough for their promptness, friendliness, and superior customer service. I will state the walls are very thin and you can hear every word your neighbor is saying. However, this outbeats any of the hotels downtown as I heard constant complaints of noise as the Peruvians like to party. Stay here! Good price, great customer service, a goodnights rest, complimentry bottle water, complimentry coca tea.......you will be happy you picked this place over any of the names brands downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mindy C

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We just returned from an 11 day trip to Peru. Awesome in every way. I've never posted to TA but felt Peggy and the staff did such a wonderful job that they deserved the praise. Located outside the busy central plaza, Torre Dorado offered a clean, quiet and restful stay. Their drivers were glad to take us into town to shop, dine, etc. and offer restaurant suggestions. We wanted to return to a shop one evening and they sent one of their staff with us because they felt we'd get lost trying to find our restaurant afterwards. Unbelievable! We were here at Christmas, so Peggy offered us champagne when we arrived back from dinner. I've stayed at many 5 star hotels that were not this service oriented. Next time in Cusco we WILL stay here again. Mark Oberlin, Grand Rapids MI

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank markoberlin
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Most amazing hotel experience so far in my travels.
Started off with being picked up at the airport and taken to our hotel without a hitch. Met at the hotel by the helpful and friendly Saul, who helped to point out a few local tips, issues we may encounter with the altitude, places to eat, places to look out for, what to do and not to do, what the hotel provided, their car service into town, also arranged for some tea while we were discussing our stay and then helped carry our bags to the top level (where we struggled to get to a little!)

Breakfast the next morning was prepared by their lovely staff and the lady who owned it, it was very nice seeing their homely touch - meeting and greeting their guests, asking us what we had planned, where we came from and our backgrounds.They also helped us to book day tours, and arranged for us to be picked up and dropped off.

While a few may complain that it is too far from the city centre, we never had to wait for more than 10 mins for the private car service to come take us back from anywhere. All we had to do was ask the restaurant to call the hotel as we were finishing up dessert and the car would be there in the blink of an eye!

I was feeling slightly unwell with a cough at the end of the first day the owner arranged for a special brew of ginger and lemon tea to be taken up to my room. I was told to call when I was ready for it, but being past 10pm, I thought I wouldn't trouble the kitchen staff .... they didn't forget. The owner personally called up and asked if I was ready before sending the tea up.

Not only are the staff superb, but the hotel is clean, with modern facilities, a complimentary tea and coffee service on every floor, quaint and had a great view from our room at the top. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, especially after a whole day of walking around on tour and shopping and eating out.

Overall, a fantastic experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The reviews of this hotel are absolutely true. I tend to trust TripAdvisor implicitly when making hotel and restaurant plans, and have yet to be steered wrong. This was no exception. The distance from the Plaza De Armas, while short, was no barrier to us at all given the 24 hour complimentary car service. You can tell customer service is king at Torre Dorada, from the second you enter their lobby and are greeted by name and with a hot cup of tea to help with any potential altitude sickness. Our entire stay they were readily available for advice on restaurants and activities, and were proactive to make us reservations for our meals. Even though there are specific meeting points for the car pick up (in the Plaza and at the Mercado Artesenal), they also wouldn't hesitate to meet us at a specific restaurant or bar rather than having us walk even a block. They have plentiful amounts of purified water available to you, and make a point to inform you of how even their fruits and veggies on the breakfast bar are cleaned so you don't have to be concerned about water consumption. The complimentary breakfasts were also delicious and hearty. We especially loved the special coffee blend from Machu Picchu. On the day that we had to leave for the Machu Picchu train station too early for breakfast, they made us a complimentary bagged lunch (which was also very hearty) for our day at Machu Picchu, saving us the $36 per person lunch cost at the ruins. I should also add that they will transport you to the train station in Poroy, but it is an extra (low) charge), as it is 30 minutes away. Long story short, I would not hesitate to book this place if I were you. The customer service was fantastic (especially Saul!), the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the food delicious.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ramonaruby
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Spent three nights at this amazing hotel. Comfortable room with sitting area for several rooms. Very good breakfast. Service impeccable. Free taxi service into town at all hours into Cuzco and back. Wouldn't think of staying anyplace else if we're ever fortunate enough to return

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Loved this place! All the reviews I saw about this place were true. Clean. Extremely friendly and caring staff. A great place that I would visit again next time I'm in Cusco. Only the location of being a bit far from the central square is a negative, but they always had a free car service waiting for us.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We booked this hotel based on Trip advisor and let me say that the forum is right on the customerservice. They are absolutely great when it comes to giving you guidance, tips on what to do. What they lack is the ambience. When you go to a small place like Cusco with a huge history, you are also looking to experience a great ambience for the price you pay. The room that we stayed in was probably 10*10 and the hotel is in a residential area and it is a normal building. So, you walk out of your room and get into the car....there is no way you can hangout in the hotel even for a couple of hours.....the biggest bummer is there are no tvs in the room....the tvs are in the lobby.
We always like to chill a couple hours in the hotel room too as you cant be on th road all the time but in Cusco we had to be.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple