“Most Accomodating Hotel EVER!!!”
Review of Hotel Torre Dorada

Hotel Torre Dorada
Ranked #5 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have literally nothing bad to say about this hotel. Good Wifi, free transport to and from downtown Cuzco, Airport shuttle, excellent hand-made breakfasts, comfortable, well-kept rooms, reasonable rates. On top of this, the service is spectacular! They helped us order local takeout, opened up the dining area so we could eat it there, made restaurant recommendations, and to top it off, since we were already taking 4 rooms, they gave us the extra room on the floor for free so that we could have the communal area to ourselves. These guys went the extra mile and made our trip to Cuzco all that much more amazing!

Room Tip: All rooms have access to the roof and the hotel is in a quiet neighborhood. I don't think there...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here last week with my best friend on our way to Machu Picchu and we absolutely loved it!
They pick you up from the airport and drop you off when you need to leave. They will also pick you up and drop you off in the town center since they're a little far away - ALL FOR FREE. We even had a nice trip with our driver to Pizac to go to the market.
The breakfast is fantastic and so filling! I felt like a king.
They will store your bags when you go to Machu Picchu.
Our room was lovely, clean, and had a nice view.
The staff goes above and beyond to make sure that you have the best stay there, and I couldn't even begin to explain how taken care of I felt. I wish I got this kind of service back here in the states...

I would stay here a million times over.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was perfect! It felt like going home everytime I returned to my room. The staff is nice and polite and serve you tea up on arrival. The room was clean, alot of space and a comfortable bed(and a heater in the room as well). The staff helped me alot, drove me into the towncentre and picked me everyday, for free! Very pleased! And it is wifi all over the hotel, even in the rooms (and the wifi actually works). I will stay here again when going to Cusco.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my very brief stay here. Our room was clean and comfortable, but the highlight was the service. When we arrived, the receptionist literally mapped out good restaurants and key attractions in cusco. They have a car service that takes you to the airport, train station, or center of town for free--we always tipped several soles since they were always prompt!

When we exhaustedly returned from our Machu Picchu and inca trail excursion, the receptionist graciously helped us arrange pizza and wine for delivery, and personally brought everything (including wine glasses and a bottle opener) up, saving our weary legs the extra journey downstairs.

I would say that the only thing to watch out for is that the hot water gets REALLY HOT for a second when a nearby room flushes the toilet. Otherwise, great all around. If I return, I'll definitely stay there again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Hotel provided everything necessary to relax, sleep well, and tackle everything one would want in Cusco.

We came prepared with our Macchu Pichu day fully booked but wanted to see the Sacred Valley sites before we did that - they arranged that for us.
On short notice we wanted to go to the animal sanctuary + Pisac - they arranged that for us.

The rooms were big enough, comfortable, and quiet. Being outside of town, they brought us into the city square whenever we wanted.

The workers and managers are very personable and kind and open about the best things in Peru.

I highly recommend this spot for anyone staying in Cusco.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here three nights with our three daughters. The hotel is 10 minutes by car from the city center and the hotel offers on-call transportation at all hours. They picked us up at the hotel too, on time

The hotel is quite small and located in a residential area. Very quiet. The hotel is very clean and it was particularly nice to stay in a hotel with hardwood floors rather than the standard, and typically creepy, carpets. The lightning in the room could have been stronger. A bit hard to read in the evening. Also, the showers were nice but the plumbing could be better.

The breakfast buffet was very good. A rich variety of fruits, yoghurts, eggs, bread etc. The friendly kitchen staff will fix whatever you want.

Indeed, the biggest plus for this hotel was its super friendly and attentive staff. From the fast and responsive interaction by email before we arrived to the friendly and helpful assistance when we were there. They fixed tickets and transportation, and offered useful tips for restaurants etc. The departing day was negatively affected by a strike and we had to leave the hotel for the airport several hours earlier than we had planned, in a bit of a scramble and after coming back late the night before. Obviously, the strike was not the fault of the hotel, but I was taken a back when their first reaction was that we would have to walk to the airport. Later they offered to drive but early in the morning. That is all ok, but I wish they had offered us a prepared breakfast box or something since the cusco airport does not have much to offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank UE_DC64
Reviewed 28 March 2014

we stayed there for 2 nights. The accomodations are small but adequate. They do offer free pick ups and drops offs from the airport/bus station and train station. We even had one day (10 hour) sightseeing tour arranged by the hotel to the scared valley and Moray for which we payed $130 by private car for the trhee of us. It was worth it. The driver was excellent. We did break a shower fixture and had to pay $15 but I think it was fair enough. The free breakfast is excellent. However, dont expect premium coffee or espresso. They even offered free shuttle service to nearby restaurants for evening dinners. They alo provided laundry for a reasonable fee. Would stay here again if we are in Cusco in the future. It is a well run hotel by Peggy and her staff. We met Peggy during breakfast one of the two days and we felt like we are at home away from home. We stayed on the top floor and it appeared to be quieter and less noisy from street dogs which are a menace in Cusco. However, expect to get a workout getting to the top floor since there are no elevators and Cusco is at 12000 feet elevation.

Room Tip: any of the top floor rooms, less noisy from street dogs
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family