“Torre Dorada is your home in Cusco”
Review of Hotel Torre Dorada

Hotel Torre Dorada
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 31 May 2007

We needed a hotel for one night after Machu Picchu before we flew out the next morning and Torre Dorada was perfect. We arrived by taxi in the early evening, Oscar took us to the wonderful restaurant Heidi for dinner and again to the airport the next morning. (We tipped him.) We left at 6 am, too early for breakfast but Peggy kindly put out some coffee cake for us to munch on before we left. This place is really fantastic, $60 seems too little a price. You will wish for many days to stay here but it is also ideal for one night, Peggy speaks fluent english and is very helpful. We would stay here again in a heartbeat, we wanted twin beds, not sure if they have other choices.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelerjoyce

Reviewed 28 May 2007

At first I was a bit skepital about only paying $60/night but I had no reason to fear. This is a fantastic hotel with plenty of hot water and a fabulous breakfast (be sure to have the fresh squeezed orange juice) located in a residential area of Cusco.
It is a quiet neighbourhood, a 10 min ride from the Plaza de Armes. It is true that they provide you with a free shuttle service to and from downtown and the airport. If we return to Cusco we will be sure to stay there again.

Their service was outstanding,the room was spotless and they have very comfortable beds. Be sure to go go to Heidi's for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SpunkyToronto
Reviewed 7 May 2007

In our three week stay in Peru this was by far the most wonderful place we stayed in. It is a real gem and Peggy along with her family cannot do enough for their guests.

Peggy showed us around Cusco the day we arrived as we were leaving very early the next morning for Machu Picchu and flying out the next morning. They even arranged our trip to Machu Picchu before we arrived.

Torre Dorada is a lovely, warm and very clean home away from home. Breakfast was delicious with nice views of Cusco.

Being picked up at the airport upon arrival and driven back to the airport when leaving is just the best service when arriving in an unfamiliar place.

Bob and Judy

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 4 May 2007

I read the number 1 ranking and all the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and thought it was too good to be true. Well it´s true! Peggy, Rose Marie, Oscar and the rest of the staff were great hosts, and the hotel is spotless, with plenty of hot water, and in a nice quiet neighborhood. Who could ask for more? You won´t find anything better at any price, in Cusco or anywhere.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank MarinSF
Reviewed 4 May 2007

We feel fortunate to have found the Torre Dorada through the Lonely Planet and then checking it out via their web site. This hotel is in a residential area of Cusco. While it is a little inconventient being away from the Plaza de Armas, the family will drive and pick you up at any time. When we wanted to take a taxi back after dinner one night, they said absolutely not and insisted on our calling for a ride.
The Torre Dorada is owned and run by Peggy and her wonderful brothers and sister-in-laws. Peggy has lived in many places and is a very well traveled woman who is a great resource for information and help. We loved just sitting and chatting with her.
The hotel is spotless and the breakfast and breakfast room are a delight with a lovely view of the north of Cusco. It was a great place to chat with other travelers in the am.
We would not stay anywhere but this place if we returned to Cusco. Sara and Jerry Reisman

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Jerald R
Reviewed 1 May 2007

This post is long overdue - but better late than never! We stayed at the Torre Dorada in December and had a wonderful stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfasts are great. And, it is a reasonable price!

The owners are very helpful and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Peggy even made us sandwiches to bring up to Macchu Picchu that day. And, when our flight out of Cusco was cancelled due to weather conditions, they came right back to the airport to pick us up and made room for us to stay for another night! Lifesavers!

If we come back to Cusco we would definitely stay here again.

Just some traveling advice for those planning their vacations: do NOT book the last flight out of cusco to lima, because they are often cancelled due to weather! We spent a lot of hours on the phone with American Airlines trying to rebook our flight.

Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed 30 April 2007

Travelled alone to Cuzco while on a trip to Peru.
Very very very friendly people.
They picked me up and dropped me off at the airport (very early both days). I arrive at 7:30 am and they had room for me and owner waiting for me. He even volunteer to drop me off leaving hotel at 6:30 am even though I said I would be okay with Taxi.
They made all travel arrangements for me to go to Machu Picchu for the day.
They even got up at 5:15 am to take me to the train station.
Since I only had 2 days to visit all of Cuzco, they even helped arrange private Taxi driver (Victor) and his nephew (Danny) to show me around (for a modest fee).

They too went ABOVE and BEYOND what anyone could expect from top service.

No bathtub in room. Water warm and powerful. For the price, I was okay with no bathtub.
Heater and Blanket nice and warm.
No TV in the room, but outside has little loudge shared by every 3-4 rooms where you can watch TV (Had my lab-top so watch DVD's on lab top)
Family owned. Definately will go back on my next trip which I hope to be very soon.
Again, top service, good price, VERY CLEAN and LOVING PEOPLE!!!
Prompt at replying to e-mails and not only they have a top notch facility but they will help you plan your trip!!!
I read the reviews on Trip Advisor wondered how good could this place be and how can everyone give it a 5 star. Try it and you will see for yourself.....

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank devinezqui