We booked our stay in Casa Andina- San Blas in part because after doing research they described San Blas as the artist district. We knew that San Blas was also a short downhill walk to the Plaza de Armas. We do not regret our decision. You get very good views from this boutique hotel and Plaza de Armas is a 10 minute walk. There is also very good shopping in San Blas.
First of all, the staff are incredible. Jesus greeted us with a very much needed coca tea within minutes of arrival- they have coca tea and coca leaves in the lobby. The staff were genuinely nice and fulfilled all of our requests. When we wanted to book a tour they brought a tour operating company to the hotel, since we did not want to book a trip in the main square. Wilbert made all of our dinner reservations. Overall, the staff made our stay. On our last day, it was my husband's birthday and they even brought out two pieces of chocolate cake in our morning buffet.
The rooms are quaint but well-priced. We stayed in Room 208 and we could see the views of the city and the mountains. The hotel has a nice lobby with rich colorful couches. It also has a bar area with a fireplace and a nice sitting area that overlooks a small courtyard with a fountain. It also has a small gift shop and free internet access.
The room we booked included a continental breakast, but the breakfast in the morning had a very nice spread of breads, eggs, bacon and different types of peruvian fruit jams.
We would recommend this hotel, especially because of the warm and friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a sprawling colonial building built around a sunny colonial stone courtyard, peacefully removed from Cusco's fast pace - like a sophisticated country hotel in the city. Rooms offer superb distant views of Cusco's tiled rooftops and surrounding mountains or of the handsome arcaded interior courtyard and ample terrace. Tucked away in the heart of the city's most atmospheric neighborhood, San-Blas, the hotel has 4-wood-burning-chimneys, a rustic restaurant and bar, and delightful sitting areas. The hotel offers Internet Center, Wireless internet access, ATM, laundry service and breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Andina Standard Cusco San Blas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Classic - Cusco San Blas Hotel Cusco
- Casa Andina Classic Hotel Cusco