“Apurimac Rafting”
Review of River Explorers

River Explorers
More attraction details
Owner description: River Explorers is a premiere provider of small group tours to all Peru destinations. We operate our own package tours including cultural, rafting, biking, trekking and multi-sport trips. We are a local, Peruvian owned company and have operated since 2001, offering unique and exclusive tours to the Amazon Jungle, Lake Titicaca, Nazca Lines the Apurimac grand canyon and Machu Picchu.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Apurimac Rafting”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I did a great Rafting trip with River Explorers in the most beautiful canyon on the best river of the world - the Apurimac!! The service with River Explorers was great. First of all I the professional guides made me feel safe even in the big rapids. The atmosphere was relaxed and we had a lot of fun during this trip, the food couldn't be better as it is cooked on a wood fire below a sky full of stars. What was really important to me was the environmental consciousness of the whole team, we didn't leave any traces on our romantic campsites on the riverbank. I really recommend a River Rafting Tour with River Explorers on Apurimac for those who want to have an unforgettable experience with amazing nature, nice and funny people, plenty of adrenaline and lots, lots of fun.

Visited June 2012

Cusco, Cusco, Peru
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A pleasure to work with”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I am a tour manager and have been sending my groups with River Explorers for the last year with my current company and worked with them for about 5 years previously. They have been great. All of my clients have been happy with their service and most importantly they are incredibly safety conscious. I just had them move the location of my group's rafting to a safer section of the river even though it's further and ultimately costs them more in transport, time, etc... The owner, Boris is genuinely interested in the well-being of his company and his clients and it shows in his service. You'll also be pleasantly surprised by your lunch :) I highly recommend them.

Visited December 2012
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very service-oriented tour company!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I did the tour package that included Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was a little worried about getting to the right places at first, especially when travelling to Lake Titicaca. But sure enough, like Boris said, there was someone waiting at the bus station in Puno for my arrival. I got the sense that the tour guides promoted the interaction between everyone on the tour which was nice... the trip was made more enjoyable by getting to know other travellers. Peru is an amazing country but definitely check it out with a reliable travel company like River Explorers!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank worldtraveller115
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience! Make sure Boris has related all the dates and other info to the people on the ground.”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We had a great lares trek with river explorers. It was a group of 4 inexperienced hikers and the hike was challenging but our guide Jose was there to help us the whole way. We had a slight mix up with our start date because Boris (who owns the company but lives in Denmark) did not tell the people on the ground in Cusco about the change. However Jose provided us with a great alternative first day and everything worked out thanks to Jose. Also, we had specified twice that there be no pork but there was. The food was excellent however.

1 Thank Dollhousez
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Very helpfull”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Small, but very helpfully agency. This agency organized the trip in Peru for our team from Belarus (12 pers.). They ha've made they work very good. Я очень рад, что воспользовался их услугами, очень рекомендую: и Борис и Хуан Карлос очень приветливые люди.