“3 Day Inca Jungle Tour”
Review of River Explorers

River Explorers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: River Explorers is a premiere provider of small group tours to all Peru destinations. We operate our own package tours including cultural, rafting, biking, trekking and multi-sport trips. We are a local, Peruvian owned company and have operated since 2001, offering unique and exclusive tours to the Amazon Jungle, Lake Titicaca, Nazca Lines the Apurimac grand canyon and Machu Picchu.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Fantastic trip, our tour guide was incredible. Every detail was taken care for us- transport from various places, train tickets, bus tickets, attraction tickets, everything. Tour guide would wait in line in the morning- have dinner arranged etc. We wanted to do hot springs and zip-lining- he arranged everything for us without a problem. Could not recommend this more.

The setup of the trip was a little tricky and confusing. When we signed up we didn't really know everything that was covered. Ironically they delivered A LOT more than we expected.

I would HIGHLY recommend River Explorers. Don't get worried if the "setup" portion of the trip seems flaky. The actual company runs extremely well and takes care of you every step of the way.

3  Thank farazuga
"sacred valley"
in 12 reviews
"fun experience"
in 5 reviews
"felt safe the entire time"
"a lot of fun"
in 7 reviews
"hot meal"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this to anyone"
"explained everything"
"dry season"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Class 1-5 technical (boulders to dodge everywhere) rapids coming at you as quickly as every minute, seven to eight thousand foot high canyon walls, having the whole river to ourselves with no other rafts seen for the entire six day, 85 mile trip, excellent meals and snacks, very safety oriented guides, warming up on very hot sand dunes during lunch, very little paddeling due to the strong currents, and catered, hot lunches both on the resupply day and at the end of the trip. Who could ask for more? A superb trip in every way. The guides picked an excellent ballance between high adventure and safety. No one was thrown from the raft at any time. I noted that the guides had choices in how and where a rapid was run. They were mercifully conservative about avoiding the deepest holes that could flip the raft and toss people out. Good on ya' River Explorers!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Amazing experience! Nothing was too much trouble. We were collected from our hotel in a clean, modern vehicle and transported to the rafting location (about 1 hour drive). There were 4 staff to 4 rafters. They set everything up quickly and professionally whilst also getting us ready to go. Good instruction and support throughout the trip as well as an extremely yummy lunch prepared on a gas stove on the side of the road when we finished! One of our group lost their phone and the staff went out of their way to attempt to retrieve it, pulling everything was the vehicle and searching the side of the road...ended up being hidden in his bag! But it wasn't any trouble to them. I had an absolutely fabulous day and is a highlight of my trip. Thank you :)

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I did a great Rafting trip with River Explorers in the most beautiful canyon on the best river of the world - the Apurimac!! The service with River Explorers was great. First of all I the professional guides made me feel safe even in the big rapids. The atmosphere was relaxed and we had a lot of fun during this trip, the food couldn't be better as it is cooked on a wood fire below a sky full of stars. What was really important to me was the environmental consciousness of the whole team, we didn't leave any traces on our romantic campsites on the riverbank. I really recommend a River Rafting Tour with River Explorers on Apurimac for those who want to have an unforgettable experience with amazing nature, nice and funny people, plenty of adrenaline and lots, lots of fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I am a tour manager and have been sending my groups with River Explorers for the last year with my current company and worked with them for about 5 years previously. They have been great. All of my clients have been happy with their service and most importantly they are incredibly safety conscious. I just had them move the location of my group's rafting to a safer section of the river even though it's further and ultimately costs them more in transport, time, etc... The owner, Boris is genuinely interested in the well-being of his company and his clients and it shows in his service. You'll also be pleasantly surprised by your lunch :) I highly recommend them.