“4 day Inca Trail”

Evolution Treks Peru
Ranked #3 of 599 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Evolution Treks Peru. Empowering Indigenous Women, Employee Owned. Sustainable & Eco-friendly. Fair Trade Tourism. Socially Conscious.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I couldn’t recommend this company more.
I was attempting to book the Inca trail in December for May with various companies and was disappointed to find that there was no availability. However, I was surprised to receive an email from Miguel in January informing me that the government were selling another 20 or so permits the next day, and whether or not I still hoped to do the Inca trail. Thanks to their organisation and attentiveness I was able to secure a place and do a much dreamed of hike!
A couple of days before the hike Miguel came over to have a chat, to ensure I understood what would happen in terms of the hike and the preparation. He was very friendly and ensured I was completely prepared.
In terms of the actual hike, I loved it. Rudi was a brilliant guide, ensuring everyone was comfortable with the pace and being constantly supportive. He was also very knowledgable and his enthusiasm was infectious. Their treatment of the porters is brilliant, having been porters themselves before. They’re provided with their own tents and good equipment. Also, they’re one of the few companies with female porters, ensuring everyone is given equal opportunity.
You need not worry about food, with plenty being provided and all delicious. I kept wanting to ask the recipes! Even if you’re vegetarian or vegan they have options for all.
Although this company is more pricey then some, you really do get your money’s worth, from the quality of food and equipment to the information and support.

Qurpamaki, Manager at Evolution Treks Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Lauren, Muchas Gracias por tus palabras. We loved having you here with us.

All reviews
"machu picchu"
in 61 reviews
"huchuy qosqo trek"
in 6 reviews
"makes a huge difference"
"his knowledge"
"amazing experience"
in 12 reviews
"camping gear"

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My Friend and I signed up for Huchuy Qosqo trek and it was an insane experience!

We met Miguel before the trek for a meeting and he immediately offered to take us on a night tour of cusco, which was beautiful and got us really excited for our trip! The next morning we started our trek with the female porters learning about the history of female porters and their personal stories, it truely was inspirational!

During the trek I spend most of my time with them laughing the whole time speaking a lot with a porter named Sarah! Our first day camping was at an amazing sight right next to this inca ruin and the stargazing was insane, there were so many stars, and they were tied to a lot of the Incan history we were told about.

The food was amazing throughout the whole stay and I was always well fed and cared for. The Chef was amazing! The tents and the sleeping bags were in perfect condition and overall the camping part of the trip was amazing.

For the rest of the trip on our way to Machu Picchu we stayed in really clean and nice hotels.

All our treks were always amazing as Miguel talked a lot about the Incan history and the flor and fauna of the mountain range and the change of ecosystems dependent on the altitude.

Machu Picchu was amazing and Miguel tied everything that we learnt in the past few days together! It was truely an amazing experience and would recommend it to everybody!

Paula! thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Evolution treks peru is an amazing, unique and truly inspirational company. My friend and I went on the Huchuy Qosqo/Short Inca Trail trip and had such a fun time! We had Miguel as our guide and he was extremely knowledgable and interesting to talk to and we really enjoyed getting to know him over the 4 days and hearing everything he had to say as well as having some very eye-opening debates. We learnt a lot about not only Incan history, but also about the working conditions of porters on the Inca trail (which was a true shock). We met a bunch of the female porters who really embodied the ethos of this company and were so determined to help and inspire other women. I know that everything Miguel hopes to achieve with this company in the future will happen because of the dedication of all staff. Not only is the whole mission behind the company amazing, but we also saw the most beautiful nature I’ve ever seen (as you can see in the photo I attached of the campsite). I would 100% recommend booking with evolution treks peru!!!

Dear Imogen, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a beautiful experience having you in our LAres Trek.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This company was recommended to me by a friend here in Australia because of their social initiatives and their incredibly knowledgeable and attentive staff.
From the very first moment I made contact with Evolution Treks Peru, my every query and question was answered quickly and professionally, nothing was too much trouble for them. From organising extra accommodation to my dietary requirements in the trek.
The trek itself was nothing shy of special. Miguel was our tour guide and his knowledge of the area both the environment and history is mind blowing. He would stop along the trek to give us mini snippets of the Incan history culminating in a fatastic tour of Machu Picchu. Through our the trip Miguel was also telling us about their initiative to employ female porters, something no other trekking company in Peru do. I was so glad I chose to trek with ETP.
I never thought I would walk away from that trek feeling the way I did. It was the perfect holiday.
Thank you so much Miguel and ETP!

Hi Sandra, Thank you for your beautiful words. It was a pleasure having you here hiking with us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I have been a trekking guide in New Zealand for 20 years, so I know the good and the bad in this industry, and Evolution Treks Peru tick all the excellent boxes. With only a small group of 5, but with a wide range of hiking experience, our guide Rudi and his team of porters skilfully managed our team so that everyone got the maximum out of their Classic Inca Trail 4 Day trek. We felt that we were the luckiest trekkers amongst all the groups on the trail, in what must be a very competitive industry. We found this company by accident, chose them for their ethical policies regarding guides/porters/sexual equality and I am more than happy to endorse this company that has created a caring 'family' environment of guided walking. Go Evolution Treks, go the R-Evolution!

Qurpamaki, Manager at Evolution Treks Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Richard. This is a wonderful review. we will print this review out and put it in our office. It is a great review, especially because it comes from someone who has been in our same industry for a long time and knows the in and outs of the travel market. Thanks so much for these beautiful words.

Best