“good value for money”

Hotel La Casona Iquitos
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Iquitos
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed a number of nights before and after our Amazon Jungle expedition. They stored our luggage for us so we could travel light in the jungle. The breakfast is a little boring after awhile but good.
The staff was wonderful!!

Room Tip: the ones without air con are the nicer ones...ceiling fans and other fans are adequate.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed one night in the hotel - room was at the back away from the street and very quiet. Internet access (wireless) was decent.
Rooms are clean and comfortable.
You can walk to restaurants and local tourist sites easily.

Room Tip: rooms at the front of the hotel get the noise from the street.
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here 2 nights, but not consecutively, so I had two different rooms. Overall it is a nice hotel with some very nice jungle themed decorations in the lobbies and the staff were really nice. The rooms were remarkably quiet considering this is a very loud city. The location was excellent, right off the Plaza de Armas (main square) and a few blocks from the river. Overall I was very happy with this hotel, and spending a few extra soles for air conditioning was well worth it. My only complaints are that the second room I had smelled kind of moldy, but considering I’d just come back from several days in the remote jungle I got over it. The other thing was there was some communication issues with the staff—perhaps it was just lost in translation, but when I made my reservation they said “airport transfers included” but later they said only pick-up was included, not drop off. Also, they said breakfast was available for 6 soles, but neglected to mention that you have to preorder it the night before and refused to serve me in the morning. But overall, it was a nice place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alina C
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Very centrally located, not even a block off the main square downtown, and only 3 blocks from the river. Compared to some other real expensive downtown options, for an overnight before our amazon lodge stay, this place was more than adequate. Only 80 soles for a matrimonial room. A little extra if you want to use the a/c(15s). Our first night we stayed in the basement, without a/c, as one or more reviewers had suggested. This was not a very nice room, compared to our second stay upstairs. It was a little cooler though, with fan only as an option. Take my advice, get the a/c, or be uncomfortable. All the staff were very nice,especially with our amazon lodge bringing us there for our overnight before heading upriver. I guess they have a good relationship, based on the clients they bring in. Our airport pickup guy told us "they always have rooms for our clients, don't worry", when we said we had no reservations. Wifi did not work that well in the basement, and we had some trouble in our room upstairs as well, even though the router was right outside our door. It was good in the common areas. Breakfast was not included, but available on request for a few soles, served in the nice common courtyard area.There are good dining options off the square nearby. Common areas are filled with interesting artifacts and art, and nice plants. It is quite a maze of rooms on many different levels. A/c worked well, and the bed was comfy enough, hot water was ok. Rooms were basic, and not that large, but quite clean, if not modern. Tiny tv's, no english channels that I recall.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank captainronanejo69
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed 3 nights 2 days at the hotel, is really close to Main square there's a pharmacy stays open 24/7 . I go there really early and they just give me my key room (no extra charge, if is available) Crew is really nice, Christian at the front desk made every things possible to help us find a good guide to go in the Selva. One thing they said they have Internet but is really BAD.

Room Tip: I will recommend to get any room with AC, for few extra bucks.
Reviewed 12 February 2014

If you're ever forced to be in the city while in the Amazon jungle this is the place to be! This place was cozy and quaint and had some good A/C going on which is a definite must for someone that came from winter temps! Although I only stayed here on night it was what I needed before my trek into the jungle! Bang for your buck I wouldn't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank retrocanada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We didn't stay a night at the hotel but we used it two times anyway for our special needs. The first time we got there we needed somewhere to put our luggage for 5 hours while waiting for our friends and they gave us a very nice room for a very cheap price where we could relax and shower until our pick up came. The second time we came we also needed to put our luggage somewhere for a few hours because we had a flight from Iquitos late at night. They didn't have any rooms available but they kindly offered us to keep our luggage at a secure place at the hotel and they offered us a room to shower in quickly (after 2 weeks in the jungle, that was very needed) and we didn't have to pay for any of it! The staff is so kind and helpful, we've never been at a hotel where the staff is so accommodating, that was a very positive experience. We will definitely come back and stay at this hotel when we go to Iquitos next time. The place has a great location and excellent vibe and it's very clean! Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends