“Not the Best Option”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Moorhead
“Not the Best Option”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This restaurant was interesting and located in the central part of town. The decor seemed very random. The staff was very nice and courteous. There were many options on the menu and I chose the peanut chicken which was not the best, however, my friends meals were better than mine so there are some good options. Not my first choice but it was not terrible.

• Visited July 2013

Clearwater, Florida
“best guide for tourist”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Picturesque restaurant with a texan style, the owner Gerald is the best reference in Iquitos, beside of having good food, he always is knowledgeable about where to go in iquitos, stop by the Yellow Rose and enjoy native dishes as well as international cuisine, the menu will please anybody.

• Visited November 2012
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Horrid food and weird decor”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We read mixed reviews and so thought we'd try it out as it was close to our hostel and on the plaza... food was disgusting and not particularly cheap, ended up leaving half of it and feeling sick. The inside has got dead animals and skins and weird stuff everywhere which puts you off eating. Would not go again and don't recommend.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chelsea S
Nashville, Tennessee
“I've got a bad feeling about this place”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the strangest restaurant I've ever eaten at. Yes, it's in Iquitos, Peru, a city that is surreal in nearly every way, but there's something not quite right about the Yellow Rose of Texas.

First, the food... The quality of the food was average, at best. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything remarkable, either. I would compare it to your average truck stop food in the US. They did have a very large menu to order from. I had a simple egg sandwich and a cup of coffee. The prices are acceptable. They have a crocodile sandwich on the menu...I regret not trying it.

Now, the part about the bad feeling I got from this place. The waitresses are dressed in skin-tight clothes that were obviously designed to appeal to men. Most of the waitresses are very young, too. I suppose there's nothing wrong with this. Sex sells, after all. It works for the Hooters chain. The waitresses do not speak English, which is unfortunate because the restaurant attracts a lot of tourists from English speaking countries.

I met the owner who was polite and helpful. He sat at the table next to me with a couple of his buddies. What I heard coming from this table truly shocked me. One of the owner's buddies looked to be in his late sixties or early seventies (it was hard to tell). These guys spoke fluent Spanish but they mostly communicated to each other in English. At one point one of the waitresses came to their table to wait on them and as she was walking away one of the guys made a very strong sexual advance to her in English. I'm sure she didn't understand what he said...but I certainly did...and I was shocked. The owner was sitting right there with them and didn't say a thing about it. Creepy, it was.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Cy V
Cairns
“NO”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Very ordinary food and an owner who seems to think he's God who patronised us with tales of his life and how he runs the best restaurant in Iquitos inclusive of strip searching his waitresses every shift! Revolting.

Visited August 2013