“Great Place for Vacation Stay!”
Review of Nativa Apartments

Nativa Apartments
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Iquitos
USA
“Great Place for Vacation Stay!”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The Nativa Apartments was a great place for our family to stay in Iquitos over the Christmas holiday. The apartments were in the same price range as local hotels but provided much better quarters for our stay. Our apartment had two bedrooms, a living area, and a kitchenette (the main kitchen was made available as needed for our use). The building had controlled access, with staff providing entrance via a locked main door at any/all hours as needed. The rooms were very clean and well kept, there is AC, and hot water for showers. The location is within walking distance (3-4 blocks) of the main plaza and there is a convenient corner store on the same block for any needed items. It was an awesome place, just like we were staying at home.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I just returned from 5 nights at Nativa and was completely satisfied. Clean rooms, good security, cable TV, hot showers, fully functioning air conditioning and wonderful wonderful people. Juana is a jewel and will help you with everything with a smile. I would not consider a different hotel. Michael/Miraflores Lima and Denver, Colorado

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be fine.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I had the best time in Iquitos thanks of being at Nativa Apartments, a place that I could call "home" for the month I was there. It is such nice and safe place.

The family owning the place lives in the main floor and everyone treats you as a friend looking after you and all your needs, recommending good places to visit and good restaurants to enjoy the amazing variety of Peruvian food.

At the apartments you can find brochures, guides and good information for lots of activities and places to visit, also for going into amazing Amazonian jungle expedition. It is a great base in town from where to travel to the jungle and for day trips around the area.

To return to Nativa after days in the jungle is just what I needed, a cozy room with aircon, super clean, very well maintained, hot water shower, fully safe, cable tv, little kitchen with a fridge and the always smiley staff receiving you at the door.

Very recommendable place to stay, I will be back.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PC648
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This was my second visit to the Nativa and I was just as pleased (if not more so) with my stay. The Nativa continues to be the cleanest, most comfortable and best value in Iquitos. It is such a relief after spending a week out on the river to come back to air conditioning, TV, hot showers and comfy beds!
The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. They are always able to direct me where to go to most easily access supplies I need for my trips out to the jungle and saved me a great deal of time and money. They also know the best restaurants/bars and can steer you away from tourist traps if you are interested in seeing the sights.
The Nativa and it's staff truly feels like my second home and I can't wait to return this summer!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Shelby K
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I travel a lot all over the world. In places like Peru where theft is perhaps number one obstacle for travelers, what I look for when I choose a hotel, is safety. Nativa Apartments is a small hotel attached to the owners house. It feels very personal and safe! I would live all my valuables there including passport my laptop etc. knowing that I can relax and feel just like at home. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: When you check in, just ask the staff to show you all the different rooms and pick the one you like.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yaro S
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I spent about 8 days at Nativa and found it to be a very enjoyable hotel. The staff, the manager Monica, in particular, went out of her way to be helpful in times of need.

Fairly close to Plaza de Armas and the Amazon River. Nearby markets. A very comfortable place in a most interesting city!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Spending 2 months in the Amazon can be amazing but also trying. Having a place to stay like Nativa is invaluable for several reasons. First, for a very affordable price you have all the amenities you could ask for. A/C, cable with some English channels, not so mini mini-fridge, hot water, extreme cleanliness and so on. After working all day long in the Amazonian heat and humidity, there is nothing like coming back to such a clean and bug-free place! Second, you are always greeted by a smiling face and a family like atmosphere. This is because the hotel is actually run by a family. The people are amazing and welcome you into their hotel as if they are welcoming you into their home. At one point during my stay, I became ill and was too weak to leave the hotel. The owners made me delicious chicken noodle soup as if I was at my mom's house - now what else could you ask for in a hotel? All the other hostels/hotels I visited in Iquitos may have provided a clean and comfortable place to stay, but none offer the warmth like Nativa does. Third, the staff is always willing to help you with whatever you need. Whether it's dirty laundry, ordering in, or needing help going to the market in case you don't speak Spanish, they will do it ALL! The proprietor is a native Peruvian but speaks fluent English and does everything in her power to make your stay comfortable, enjoyable and flawless. On more occasions than I can count, she was ready to assist me in all my business travels and tourist interests. There is no question, while in Iquitos choose Nativa, you will not regret it, if anything you will want to extend your stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business