Nativa Apartments
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Acosta(Iquitos)
La Casa Morey(Iquitos)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe ownerhot waterair conditioningmy home away from homespeaks excellent englishplace to staysmall kitchenetteheat and humiditysitting areaminute walkplaza de armasspent two nightsrooms are spaciousfelt very safebelen marketjungle lodgemonica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I spent over a week at the Native In March, 2013. Though the language barrier was a little bit of a problem, we didn't have any difficulties. The rooms are nice, and have air conditioning, which makes a luxurious break at the end of the day. It's not too far from the Plaza de Armas, and there is a small supermarket located not too far away. You can keep drinks cool in the fridge, and prepare snacks in the kitchen. Teas are also available for guests free of charge.

The only thing I didn't like were the showers. Hot water comes from an electric shower head. On the side of that head is a little pipe that is stopped off with putty. As you try to get the temperature right, you might turn the water up too high and cause the putty to pop out and water to stop coming out properly. (Hopefully it will be addressed by my next visit.)

Oh, and their cat is fantastic. They have two dogs, too, but no one cares about dogs.

Room Tip: If you get a double room, room #2 is quieter than #1.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DouglasJEBarnes
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Nice small apartments and very helpfull and friendly owner of the place. Rooms were big and clean. Had some problems with the shower head, but that got fixed. Only minus is that they do not serve breakfast.

Room Tip: Value for money
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights because of the glowing reviews. I'm not quite sure why it has such great reviews as I found it to be just "meh" and average. The rooms were fine. They were clean and there was a little kitchenette in our room. The beds, as others have mentioned, are fairly uncomfortable. Super hard and on the smaller side. It was nice to have hot water after being in the jungle and it is located within walking distance of many places. We found little ants everywhere (on the coffee tables, TV, floor, some on the sheets, etc.) but after being in the jungle, it wasn't a super huge deal. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The one thing that left a bad taste in my mouth, however, was how obvious it was that they were trying to rip off the tourists. If you get a taxi through them, it costs double. If you want to exchange money through them, the exchange rate is extremely bad. While this is somewhat normal while traveling, I felt like there were hidden charges that were never spoken about. When I went to pay for my room, they gave me such a horrible exchange rate because I was playing in Soles and not US $. I understand that Nativa is a business and they must make money; however, I did not get anything to this extent anywhere else in Peru. Most of what they offer (free Wifi, baggage storage, AC, etc) is widely available at other hotels in the area. Might want to check them out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jyhblogger
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I am so happy that I chose to stay at Nativa for the two nights I was in Iquitos before heading into the jungle. Booking was a breeze and Monica arranged a taxi to meet me at the airport. She greeted me when I arrived late in the evening and took me to a restaurant down the street so that I could try ceviche, which was delicious! Seeing that I was a solo traveller, she welcomed me to join her and her friends the next day at a lovely beach house where we swam and had a delicious meal. They were lovely hosts and I felt truly welcomed and blessed. At no point did I feel unsafe at Nativa or with Monica. She speaks Spanish and English fluently, which was most helpful as I did not absorb much Spanish before I arrived. Nativa itself was comfortable and very clean. It is a five minute walk to the centre of Iquitos yet is one street far enough away to ensure a quiet sleep. The other staff at Nativa were also very kind. I will stay at Nativa when I return to Iquitos and highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Was saying over for 1 night after our amazon tour. Woke up the next morning to a national strike. The hotel informed us of this, told us where the local LAN office was, held our luggage for the day and then helped us get a taxi and a few tips about the strike! Very helpful and great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013