“Absolutely, unequivocally amazing.”
Review of Nativa Apartments

Nativa Apartments
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Iquitos
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Wow. Where can I begin. For starters, the rooms are great. An oasis in Iquitos, with large spacious rooms with all the amenities, great air conditioning, warm water etc. The staff is awesome here and Monica, the owner, really goes above and beyond. She is honestly the best, most helpful hotel owner I have ever encountered. She constantly helped me and my buddy who were traveling with every need we might have, from booking tours, to food spots to common advice. When I accidentally had my card taken by the ATM machine, she walked all the way to the bank and called a contact to help me get the card back asap so I could leave for my tour. When my friend wanted to get chocolates for his friends back and home, she called and had a person with chocolates within a few hours. When I needed a massage after a bunch of intense treking, she called an amazing masseuse. When we needed a ride, she called us a taxi. She was so warm and bubbly and friendly, she treats her customers like family. A++++++. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Iquitos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Casey H

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We’re an Aussie couple winging it through Peru. We had booked online in Lima as it was one of the cheaper nicer options available in Iquitos. We were greeted by nice staff and shown to our more-than-met-expectations room. It was big, clean and had a tropical-like vibration to it. There was a part kitchen, nice bathroom, comfy bed and the wifi worked perfectly in the room.

We were booked for two nights and were then heading to the jungle, but if we were staying in Iquitos for longer we certainly would have continued to stay there.

We met the manager, Monica, the next day, and she was more than helpful when responding to our enquiries. She also speaks good English which was great for us whose Spanish was poor.

Free coffee all day was a bonus. There’s also chill out areas down stairs that are very relaxing. Whether you’re staying in Iquitos short or long term, I definitely recommend Nativa.

For my full article on our Peruvian Adventure, see here:

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank philjwatt
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here a total of 3 nights and loved it! Rooms were spacious and clean, with AC, Wifi and a shower with hot water (we had been in the rainforest and this was a welcome respite). They also came with a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. Inside the rooms the noise of the mototaxis outside completely disappears. The location of this place is very convenient as it is within walking distance of the plaza and water front.

The owner Monica is the absolute best. She recommended restaurants and activities to do around Iquitos, and arranged for a trusted driver to take us around for two days. She is extremely helpful and sweet, we are very glad to have met her!

Nativa Apartments is an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Iquitos. I would absolutely recommend this place for short or long term stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The staff here are friendly and helpful. The apartments were super clean. The location is perfect just a couple of minutes walk from the Malecon and Plaza d armas. Day trips and excursions can be organised for you by the staff and they kindly kept hold of my luggage while I went on a jungle trip. Thanks.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Myself, My partner and mother in law stayed here before and after our jungle Adventure . Monica recommended restaurants, drivers, markets, activities and the muyuna lodge where we spent 3 nights on our amazing trip to the jungle.
Everything was smooth, reasonably priced and the perfect experience. Relaxing, clean and in a great location.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night with four friends from the U.S. The rooms were comfortable, very clean and service was very good. The location of the hotel is good because it is only a few blocks from the cental square. Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SilverLlama
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at Nativa for 4 nights in early May 2014, juts to have a potter around Iquitos, do a couple of day tours, and to warm up after some cold (but fantastic) days in Cuzco. Monica and her staff were very welcoming, helpful with questions, and provided great advice on local places to eat as a solo traveller. I had some great day trips to conservation parks, craft markets and a boat tour on the Amazon. Nativa is simple but clean, homely and close to all you will need in Iquitos. It was a great stay for me as a solo traveller, and a genuine local establishment. I recommend Nativa for your Iquitos visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo