“Definition of Hospitality”
Review of Nativa Apartments

Nativa Apartments
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Iquitos
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am about a month or so late posting this review, but the fact that I still am speaks for itself. Nativa Apartments is by far the most hospitable hotel in Iquitos. Blending into the hectic and somewhat sketchy looking streets, it is a hidden gem. The owner Monica makes it a point to make you feel welcome and takes care of her guests as if they were her own family. At night there is a doorman named Carlos, and my friend and I found it very hard not to be overly fond of him. Monica was not present for the 1st evening of our stay but her staff was just as accomodating as her despite the little English they speak. This is a wonderful establishment and would recommend it to anyone looking for that home away from home feeling.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are air conditioned. Ask not to have a room towards the front of the building...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jazmyn C

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Deserves all the rave reviews. When we came back from the jungle with a sick kid, the owner and her team called an excellent doctor, ordered us pizza, and brought us medicine. On better days they also arranged a great moto driver (Roberto!) and travel to the airport. Our 2BR apartment was spacious, tidy, and nicely decorated, with good hot water and wifi. Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joral50
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Wow. Where can I begin. For starters, the rooms are great. An oasis in Iquitos, with large spacious rooms with all the amenities, great air conditioning, warm water etc. The staff is awesome here and Monica, the owner, really goes above and beyond. She is honestly the best, most helpful hotel owner I have ever encountered. She constantly helped me and my buddy who were traveling with every need we might have, from booking tours, to food spots to common advice. When I accidentally had my card taken by the ATM machine, she walked all the way to the bank and called a contact to help me get the card back asap so I could leave for my tour. When my friend wanted to get chocolates for his friends back and home, she called and had a person with chocolates within a few hours. When I needed a massage after a bunch of intense treking, she called an amazing masseuse. When we needed a ride, she called us a taxi. She was so warm and bubbly and friendly, she treats her customers like family. A++++++. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Iquitos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Casey H
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We’re an Aussie couple winging it through Peru. We had booked online in Lima as it was one of the cheaper nicer options available in Iquitos. We were greeted by nice staff and shown to our more-than-met-expectations room. It was big, clean and had a tropical-like vibration to it. There was a part kitchen, nice bathroom, comfy bed and the wifi worked perfectly in the room.

We were booked for two nights and were then heading to the jungle, but if we were staying in Iquitos for longer we certainly would have continued to stay there.

We met the manager, Monica, the next day, and she was more than helpful when responding to our enquiries. She also speaks good English which was great for us whose Spanish was poor.

Free coffee all day was a bonus. There’s also chill out areas down stairs that are very relaxing. Whether you’re staying in Iquitos short or long term, I definitely recommend Nativa.

For my full article on our Peruvian Adventure, see here:

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank philjwatt
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here a total of 3 nights and loved it! Rooms were spacious and clean, with AC, Wifi and a shower with hot water (we had been in the rainforest and this was a welcome respite). They also came with a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. Inside the rooms the noise of the mototaxis outside completely disappears. The location of this place is very convenient as it is within walking distance of the plaza and water front.

The owner Monica is the absolute best. She recommended restaurants and activities to do around Iquitos, and arranged for a trusted driver to take us around for two days. She is extremely helpful and sweet, we are very glad to have met her!

Nativa Apartments is an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Iquitos. I would absolutely recommend this place for short or long term stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The staff here are friendly and helpful. The apartments were super clean. The location is perfect just a couple of minutes walk from the Malecon and Plaza d armas. Day trips and excursions can be organised for you by the staff and they kindly kept hold of my luggage while I went on a jungle trip. Thanks.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Myself, My partner and mother in law stayed here before and after our jungle Adventure . Monica recommended restaurants, drivers, markets, activities and the muyuna lodge where we spent 3 nights on our amazing trip to the jungle.
Everything was smooth, reasonably priced and the perfect experience. Relaxing, clean and in a great location.

Stayed: May 2014