“Budget wise and Relaxing stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iquitos
Hotel La Casa del Frances
Ranked #31 of 55 Iquitos B&B and Inns
“Budget wise and Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

For a short stay in Iquitos I had to choose a well located hostel with a kitchen. The casa del Frances was the perfect match. Even a bit slow the Internet is very convenient, and allow time to relax under the hand made palm roof, chatting with the friendly staff. I will definitely come back here for my next trip in Iquitos.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night, intending to stay for a few nights but left after one. It's another hostel that with a tiny amount of TLC could be lovely. Instead it's dank, dirty and mosquito ridden with dead bugs squashed all over the walls of our room. There's a for sale sign on the front gate so I think this explains the run down state of the place; the owner clearly has stopped caring.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weetruffle_13

Travellers are raving about these Iquitos hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Maybe I just caught this place at the wrong time, but I didn't feel very comfortable here. I was stuck in a dirty dorm on the first floor that had 10 or 12 beds, no lockers, not enough fans, and only one single-person bathroom to share with the rest of the floor. Someone's food got stolen, and I ended up carrying my valuables around with me the whole time. My top bunk was pretty darn uncomfortable and made a huge noise every time i moved even just my arm - felt bad for the girl on the bottom bunk. It was cheap and close to the center of town but that's about it. I hightailed it out of there after one pretty much sleepless night.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Iquitos, Peru
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed at Hotel La Casa del Frances in one of the rooms that does have a bathroom and a floor fan.
Hotel is dirty, musky smell. Service is terrible and have to ask for towels, ask for them to clean the room, and ask for toilet paper.
Location is excellent as it is in the tourist area of Iquitos only a block away from Plaza de Armas and a block away from the Boulevard overlooking the River.
There are no services, no TV, no air conditioning.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Scotland
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here for one night. We felt pretty uncomfortable here and found it a bit scary (we are probably a bit soft and we did arrive after dark to Iquitos with the taxi driver warning us we should be careful of getting robbed, so all combined maybe gave us a bad impression). If we had stayed here longer or at the end our trip to Iquitos we might have felt differently. It was extremely cheap – we paid about 12 Euros for an ensuite twin room. The place was clean enough but maybe because it was old or maybe because it was tropical it just seemed a bit grotty and worn (and we had a gecko in our room). They don’t speak English so if you don’t have good Spanish it can be difficult to communicate if there is something that you need or want to ask. We don’t speak good Spanish. The staff did try to help us but didn’t seem particularly friendly. We may have found them different if we had been better able to communicate though. The location is very good and convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed in Iquitos for two weeks on a very low budget that is why i am very grateful I found out about this amazing hostel. It has the best location you can imagine. Right next to Plaza de Armas, which has all the night life around it. It offers many different rooms, froom budget dormitory to fine rooms to be more private. It has a nice chillout terase with hammocks. It also has a kitchen to use. And a trip to the jungle can also be aranged with a very friendly native guide. The hostel isn't luxurious, it doesnt have a pool or a fitness center. It gets a little hot in the evening but there are fans to use. I had a very good time there with the friendly staff and all the interesting people I have met there. When I go back to Iquitos I will definetly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Granada, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I was staying at La Casa del Francés in Iquitos for 10 days last August.... I really had a great time whilst I was there...met fabulous people ...experienced the jungle....discovered new sensations.... The hostel has a superb location close to the "malecón " with its amazing night life.
The family running this hostel is really friendly .. They help you everytime you need them to ! The hostel offers guided visits into the jungle and, for this matter, they count on the huge knowledge of a Amazonian jungle native....the experience is unforgetable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really do recommend this hotel and , of course, I will repeat it next time I go to Iquitos !!

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor