“Detox of mind, body, and spirit”
Review of Amaru Spirit

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iquitos
Amaru Spirit
Lima
“Detox of mind, body, and spirit”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Amaru Spirit is unlike any other place I have been to. I feel like I have found my spot :)
It is such a beautiful center run by such beautiful people. I met Slocum (David) the owner in Lima and decided to visit his place not knowing exactly what was in store for me. I ended up staying to do a 7 day master plant diet with tabaco, an experience that really did change my life, physically, mentally and emotionally. Amaru Spirit is a peaceful oasis away from the craziness of Iquitos!!!!! I highly recommend the center not just for people who are interested in learning about plants but also those who want to learn more about superfoods and nutrition and anyone who is looking for a quiet get away where all you have to do is rest.
David and his family have welcomed me with open arms. I have only been here now for a few weeks but I already feel part of the family. They have a great community of people and it is continuing to grow and flourish. I have so much gratitude in my heart to be a part of such a place.
Katie

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank katieperu1988

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Perth
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I was told about Slocum and Amaru Spirit while in Cuzco, Peru and we pretty much went straight there and were not disappointed. After a reading from his trusted and unbelievably friendly Sharman, Ernesto, we went straight in for a 7 day plant diet for some spiritual healing.

My goodness. Very powerful week with amazing results! By day 2 I could feel myself improving and at the end I was a new man with a new perspective on life. A truly beautiful experience and the whole while being cared for by Slocums wonderful staff.

I'm very much looking forward to heading back there sometime in the near future even just to catch up with some amazing people.

Thank you once again Slocum for your time,happiness, wisdom and knowledge. You are a true gentleman and are doing great things in the realm of spiritual healing. I look forward to a chat and a laugh with you and your crew again sometime soon.

All the best.

Andy
:-)

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed in Amaru Spirit for two weeks in May 2012. I can personally say that my life has changed 100% more positive confident and full of new experiences. Slocum, his family and friends are all very professional, good knowledge and they know what they are doing regarding to plants, dieting and nutrition. Probably one of the best and safest place where you could stay during your visit to Iquitos. I had amazing experience! Best food;)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Estonia11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at this centre for eight days.Slocum runs this centre with his partner Yolita. They specialize in working with plant medicines and nutrition. I always felt that I was given the utmost care and that I was being looked after and guided by people who knew exactly what they were doing and who had absolute integrity. This is very important when working with plant medicine. The food was amazing. Everyone at the centre; guests and workers were lovely.
It's about a 30 min boat ride from the city but I was met at the airport and taken there when I arrived.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank flyingdragon79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iquitos
La Casa Morey
#1 of 1 in Santa Teresa
Irapay Amazon Lodge
Irapay Amazon Lodge
#3 of 3 in Rio Momon

Been to Amaru Spirit? Share your experiences!