Dorado Hotel
Hotel Safari(Iquitos)
  • Pool
La Casa Morey(Iquitos)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat hotelcomfortable bedsthe riverairportamazonlodgeenglishjungle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2010

My wife and I stayed here (room 309) enroute to Ceiba Tops Lodge on the night of 28th February 2010. It was clean and functional, but not brilliant. It is well located 5 minuted from the square, I'd stay again. Good Value, but not flash.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SouthOztraveller
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Excellent location near the main square. Very small swimming pool in the courtyard, but nowhere to lay down to enjoy the sun (around noon). Friendly and helpfull staff. Don't take their advise though on restaurants to visit. Very simple breakfast. Officially till 10am, but around 9am most baskets are empty. Please note that currently (August 2009) the hotel is under construction. Lots of noise between 9am and 8pm. If you like to sleep in, avoid this hotel until they finish (september 2009?).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank TallDutchman
Reviewed 26 December 2008

5 star my butt. 3 star at the most. the rooms are not bad but, over priced. the food is bad and very overpriced. the door man (Jaime) is a con man and a crook. he stole money from me. in one word---BEWARE

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank easy69
Reviewed 25 July 2007

We stayed in Iquitos for a week, 4 nights at the El Dorado Hotel.

I must say I was very disappointed. Room was ok, but service was weak , staff very impersonal and breakfast is a shame.

A very strange and original point is that they organized a birthday party on saturday night, and therefore it was almost imposible to sleep.

But the worst was the fact that the price they finally charged was higher than the price appointed the first day.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bourbaki
Reviewed 11 January 2007

I travel to Iquitos 2 or 3 times a year. I normally stay at 3 star hotels there and have sampled most of them. I believed staying here would be a slight step up to some that I have stayed in the past, but I was very disappointed and ended up checking out and going to a hotel that was cheaper, but much better. The first problem was that they gave us a room where the air conditioning barely worked. With a 2 year old and a 9 month ifant, air conditioning is a must in the Amazon. After a night of sleeping in presperation, we asked the front desk to move us to another room. The room was better and had great air conditioning. However, when I went to take a shower from the presperation that I aquired overnight, there was no running water. After one full day, they fixed that problem. For the next 2 days, things were fine. Then we lost cable TV, that went on for 3 days, but we weren't really there to watch TV anyway. Then on our 6th day, we lost electriity to "half" the room. No solution was in sight, so we packed, checked out, and were still over-charged. We checked in to the "old reliable" hotel we've used in the past and learned a valuble lesson.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family