“A decent choice”

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Iquitos
Oakland, CA
“A decent choice”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Hotel choices in Iquitos are a bit limited. This one is pretty decent. Friendly staff and clean rooms. I booked in advance, but they did not have the room I booked available when I arrived. They did upgrade me, after I asked, to a much larger room, actually an apartment, which was clean, comfortable and quiet. I blieve the reason I didn't get into the room I reserved was due to construction which made those rooms just too noisy. After two days in the big apartment they asked me to move to another room, which was much smaller, and had a noisy air conditioner. It was my last night so I just used earplugs. Overall I liked the hotel and would probably stay there again. I can't comment on the breakfast, but I did have lunch one day in the hotel and it was quite good. Also got wifi signal OK.

It is located about 7 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, about 2 soles.

Room Tip: The rooms on the pool terrace were quite nice and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NY
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed here for one night at the conclusion of a Jungle Stay. I enjoyed the hotel overall. The internet signal is weak, as it was elsewhere in Iquitos, and the complimentary breakfast would have been worth skipping. But the shower pressure was good, the air conditioning worked well, and the room was clean and spacious. There was a slight problem since I booked through a third party travel site, but it was finally taken care of without a hassle. I found the location to not be bad at all and an easy stroll to the main section of Iquitos. Liked this hotel much better than the one I stayed in at the beginning of the trip.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Terrible Hotel
When we arrive the room was not clean. When we enter to the room it was bad smell, Not hot water , Unts in the room
The ubication is not good
We stayed only one night after a wonderfull time in the Jungle and it was a bad finish for our nice tour

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ilan A
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We had booked for 3 nights at this Apart Hotel after being in the Jungle for 14 days. The room was clean and spacious and the beds, well they were enormous and comfortable. The small pool was clean and refreshing. Breakfast, was buffet style and very nice. Now, the front desk staff, well what can we say, they were amazing. We had a flight booked to Lima and and had about 10 hours to wait in the airport. The girl on reception rang a motel in Lima negotiated a price had someone pick us up from Lima airport and booked the room. She was an absolute Angel. We definately recommend this small hotel to people and would definately book the Amazon Apart Hotel again!

Room Tip: The lift only goes so far so the largest room at the top, you have to carry the bags up to it. No p...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I was surprised how earnest and helpful the staff was here. Air conditioned rooms, Wi-fi (not too fast in speed, but available none the less), pool, restaurant. A true relief smack-dab in the middle of the chotic streets of Iquitos. The bellhop dude, Paul Martin took us to our initial room and found out there was a minor water leak in the washroom, something i think i could have lived with anyways, but he took it upon himself to upgrade us to an apartment suite, no hassle at all. I just wanna tell all of you guys, Muchas Gracias en todo.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarknKirby
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Amazon Apart Hotel worked well for a single night prior to our Amazon lodge.
In its favour:
Clean air conditioned room
Very friendly and helpful staff who speak good English
Free airport shuttle

Disadvantages:
Nondescript area, noisy street, about 3km from river and main tourist area (moot taxis are only $1 though)
Water slightly lukewarm at best
Wi FI signal weak, and you need to log in repeatedly
Breakfast dreadful- no cereal, no toast, no fruit, no pastries, no milk. Instant coffee, hard boiled eggs already peeled and cold, a couple of unidentifiable dishes pre cooked.

Overall, for the money, reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. Nonne of the rooms have an outlook of any kind.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank impossible50
Vidalia, LA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family and I stayed for 3 weeks in this hotel. The staff was amazing, they went way above and beyond anything we could have asked. The food was always fresh and good. The pool area is very nice, the hotel was kept very clean. I hope to go back and stay here again. We found this hotel to be cheaper than others and the room we had was much larger compared to what the others offered us. Cheaper, larger, extremely nice, very clean, and good food, that all makes Amazon Apart a huge win in my book.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family