Hmmm, just read some reviews and wondered if we stayed at the same place as the reviewers. Yes, it can be a challenge to stay here as communication can be a problem. Best to know some Spanish so that you can order dinner etc. We had a wonderful time before our trip in to the Jungle (did a 9 night, 8 day trip up the Chambria River to stay and visit the Urarina Tribes, Amazongary@hotmail.com if you wish to have a very unique Amazon experience that is true not a created one).
We had two nights before our journey and one night after. The La Casa was wonderful. We were in the green room, had dinner there each night which was amazing. They offer a great breakfast and we left two of our bags there until we came out of the jungle.
Walter had a pickup waiting for us at the airport, supplied a day guide for Iquitos, and was most helpful in all matters. He also has dropoff service to the airport. I love it when there are people waiting for us and then whisk us off in the right direction.
It is a quiet, restful retreat and I would highly recommend it to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LA CASA FITZCARRALDO, birthplace of the Werner Herzog films Fitzcarraldo & Aguirre, offers an unique and unrivaled housing and jungle oasis Whether you are coming to Iquitos for volunteer work, a jungle adventure, a medicinal Ayahuasca quest or just to get away from it all, we offer like-at-home accommodation , including the naturally cooled swimming pool without chlorine, thanks to ECOsmarte, the most advanced pool water treatment technology on the planet . If you are already in Iquitos, we are open from nine to six daily. Come enjoy our great food, drinks, & lounge about, even in our impressive four-level treehouse with panoramic views and great sunsets. A dense and diverse arrangement of indigenous plants and plenty of orchids highlight the property. Birdwatchers are often impressed with the species they come across, especially up top our tree house. At night you can hear our jungle chorus, unlike any hotel in Iquitos-Peru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Casa Fitzcarraldo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Fitzcarraldo Hotel Iquitos
- La Casa Fitzcarraldo Iquitos