La Casa Fitzcarraldo is a step back in time. It is a charming and spacious mansion with beautiful, lush grounds, a stunning pool, and a multi-level tree house that spirals above most of Iquitos..
As soon as we walked through the entry to the large property, the moto-taxis and traffic noise faded away. The property was peaceful and quiet except for an occasional barking dog and ringing cell phone. Ceiling fans and large windows kept the rooms comfortable.
The staff was friendly, and Walter was very helpful. We really appreciated his hospitality. Also, we enjoyed the breakfasts of eggs, juice, fresh-baked bread and a large bowl of fresh mixed fruit.
The hotel is located about 5 minutes from the center of Iquitos. It’s not an area for walking, but had we stayed near the Plaza de Armas we would have given up the lush surroundings and the nostalgia that is part of La Casa Fitzcarraldo.
We stayed four nights, one night in a comfortable room on the second floor, and three nights in a very large room on the first floor. Both rooms needed some bathroom repairs and general updating/remodeling.
There was plenty of hot water, but water pressure was very weak. Our reservation was for the bungalow, but it needed some plumbing repairs and was not available during our visit.
La Casa Fitzcarraldo is a one-of-a-kind property in a town that most tourists probably only visit once. It is a good place to stay for that visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LA CASA FITZCARRALDO, birthplace of the Werner Herzog films Fitzcarraldo & Aguirre, offers an unique and unrivaled housing and jungle oasis Whether you are coming to Iquitos for volunteer work, a jungle adventure, a medicinal Ayahuasca quest or just to get away from it all, we offer like-at-home accommodation , including the naturally cooled swimming pool without chlorine, thanks to ECOsmarte, the most advanced pool water treatment technology on the planet . If you are already in Iquitos, we are open from nine to six daily. Come enjoy our great food, drinks, & lounge about, even in our impressive four-level treehouse with panoramic views and great sunsets. A dense and diverse arrangement of indigenous plants and plenty of orchids highlight the property. Birdwatchers are often impressed with the species they come across, especially up top our tree house. At night you can hear our jungle chorus, unlike any hotel in Iquitos-Peru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your La Casa Fitzcarraldo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Fitzcarraldo Hotel Iquitos
- La Casa Fitzcarraldo Iquitos