“Very good Local buffet”

Ranked #578 of 2,801 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The weekend brunch buffet is so extensive that it's featured in the Guinness World Records book.
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The buffet in this place is supposed to be the largest in the world, as it has a guiness world record. But when I was there there was no such thing.

The food they had was Very tasty and the Pisco Sour was one of the best tried.

The view is amazing and the service was great.

1  Thank Hansc7

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I spent a dinner buffet there and only saw around 40 different (including dishes, dessert, meat, sushi, salad items) options which were average quality when compared to hole in the wall restaurants. The sushi was the only thing that was really good but it was so scarce, such small amounts were prepared at a time.

I spent 45 soles ($17 USD), 50% off the regular price, bought off Groupon so I was able to see what was being served, they fell really short on the amount of dishes they claimed were going to be there as was stated on Groupons site.... Lying Peruvians, whats new??

Pretentious, disappointing and not even worth a third of the money.

1  Thank dan o
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Sitting by the sea and all of us having varies species of fresh fish made our last day in Peru memorable. We were sorry we missed the buffet by 15 minutes. It ended at 4:00 on a Saturday.
Service good. Staff pleasant.

1  Thank J D B
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Aside from my personal opinion which I will share here It is documented that La Costa Verde was in the Guiness World Book of Records for having the largest buffet in the world. I don`t know how long they kept the record but it definately was a worthy winner.

One original detail is that for every foreign person on your table, regardless of the country or how many of them are present, they highlight each table by putting small miniature standing flags of each persons country.

The food is nothing but awesome. I truly recommend eating very little the night before.
The buffet tables have every imaginable plate in very original arrangements and displays.

If you desire sushi, they will make you the roll you desire and cut any fish you could want right then and there in seconds.

Salads, every salad you have ever heard of and any creation of your imagination.

In my humble opinion, by far and most creative of all, the Dessert Bar has the most incredible assortment of plates made of exotic fruits, pastries, crepes, icecreams mousses, jellies and more. After you experience that, you will have a different view of how many different ways there are to stimulate and reward your palate.

I truly recommend this restaurant. It is well worth experiencing... at any price.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Great buffet with lots of choices, from the main to the deserts. I loved the ceviche, the picarones and the other sweets. The atmosphere is nice, right next to the ocean. Overall, the food was great and the service was excellent. I went on a Sunday for lunch with the show folklorico—it was amazing! I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Ines C