Bayview Hotel
US$272
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbay viewgreat locationlarcomar shoppingsized bathroomnoisy at nightwelcome drinkwalking distancefresh fruitevery morninghotel is locatedfelt safetortoisespiscomirafloresairport
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I stayed at this spot because for the price, it seemed like a good deal. I figured I wouldn't be in the room much so it didn't matter. I was wrong. The carpet floors were so dirty that my feet were black walking on it without socks. Part of the window was broken in the bathroom. I did not get any Hot water, only lukewarm in the shower. There was no heat in the room and I ended up getting sick with a cold/cough. Every morning I woke up to construction inside and outside. There were two computers for free use but the connection was so slow and the computers did not function well. At one point or another something was broken.
The breakfast was terrible minus the juice. The eggs were always cold and the rest of the food was too salty or bland.
The location was great. We were right in Miraflores but on a side street so we did not hear all of the traffic.
With all of the hotels in this same location, I would recommend Not staying here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank lydias84
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I don't know who writes the positive review for this place. The room was filthy, the shower was lukewarm, and we heard every detail of the the neighbors getting it on. I was afraid to touch the blanket it had so many stains. No air conditioning. Staff barely spoke English. This all would have been acceptable for a $5 hostel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The only thing this place had going for it was the location. I few blocks from the cliffs/ocean and the main outdoor shopping center, which was shockingly modern and beatifully laid out overlooking the ocean. But, the hotel itself was dark and dreary with paper thin walls. The staff had no clue what they were doing and I spend more time at the front desk than in my actual room which was a good thing. Our bathroom window was missing allowing anything to make itself at home. The bed was uncomfortable and the room was just subpar. Thankfully we only had 1 night here, otherwise I would have gone on a hunt to find something else. The Marriott in Miralores may be the better option if you can get the same price. Skip this place unless you are looking for something equal to a hostel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2010

We stayed here twice. One the day we arrived in the peru the next the night before we left peru. First night we had a decent room overlooking the street with nice windows that opened to allow fresh air in. TV, no tub, hairdryer only upon request (you might get one that works), staff was functional but not overly friendly. Location is great. Safe neighborhood, 3 minute walk to the ocean and an outdoor mall where it's easy to find a decent restaurant to eats outside, plenty of ATMs. Second time we stayed here there was some confusion and we ended up with a romm that had 2 twin beds. We could have been satisfied with pushing the beds together (which we did) but the room was just lame. The window didn't open all the way because it would hit the TV, you couldn't get to the toilet with going into the bathroom and closing the door, you had to practically step over the bidet to get in the shower. If they would renovate the rooms this would be a great hotel. If we got the same room on the second visit I would have been very satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2009

The location is great, about a block from the ocean and sea side mall. It is right next to the JW Marriott which has a nice casino.
The staff was polite and personable. The included breakfast was very good.
We had room #10 which was a queen size bed and a balcony and was very sufficient with very good maid service. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple