“Good sushi”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my last meal during my Peru trip. I was staying in the neighborhood and noticed it was busy every night. I don't eat sushi often but decided to try it. Opens for dinner at 7pm. I was one of first ones in. Although I needed some time to make a decision, the service was a little slow overall. The food was very good. No significant complaint. I would return again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Coming from Toronto, where Japanese food (from sushi restaurants to Izakayas) are very popular, it was interesting to see a Peruvian take on the genre. It was refreshing to see the diversity in their sushi chefs, from non-Japanese to a woman (very nontraditional for sushi makers).

The food itself was good, a great fusion of Japanese and Peruvian/non-Japanese. We ordered a few makis and the tuna tartare, which was quite tasty. All the dishes were loaded up with sauces and different flavors, so you really didnt need the soy sauce. Again, a bit of a different experience than what I am used to, but was good nonetheless.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I can not express adequately with words how delicious the "Parrillero Maki roll" was...! We ordered another because it was so awesome! We are well traveled and have eaten sushi around the world. The tuna and salmon sashimi was buttery, fresh and delicious. The scallop nigiri was yummy. The "Ninja roll" was only average. The "Acevichado roll" was very good. However, I'm not joking when I say that I might go back to Lima again just to have another Parrillero Maki roll! It was soooo good! I've never had a sushi roll that was that delicious. They used garlic and oregano to create a sauce for the roll. On top was tuna that was slightly flame torched. Inside the roll was shrimp tempura, asparagus and cream cheese. Try it! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Holy ceviche! The ceviche was out of this world! The bonito was so incredibly tender and delicious. And the sushi was fantastic as well! I don't remember the names of the rolls but I ventured out of what I normally order & got the one with octopus tartar and it was so so good. Also the one with crackling squid (it's calamari) was great too! Everyone was very nice too.

1  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Loved the Achevichado, probably the best sushi roll I've had in any country! This is a wonderful place with great selection and very fresh fish. It can get really busy so if you're from the US go early (normal dinner time for us) when they open at 7:00 PM. They had 7 sushi chefs all hoping to keep up with the crowd. Will definitely go back on the next trip to Lima. Highly recommend!!!