“Good place to stay, a little worn out.”
Review of Suites Larco 656

Suites Larco 656
Ranked #20 of 316 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed in Larco 656 for one night each on my way in and out of Peru.

I could tell the hotel has seen better days, with the ocassional chipped paint, worn out steps, and the old elevator.

The rooms present some of the same, but they are not too bad. They are true suites, with a refrigerator and safe in the room. I do not think they have AC, but it was not needed with the comfortable Lima nights.
The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. There is no problem with the hot water, as there is a dedicated hotwater heater inside each bathroom.
During my second stay I got a room with windows that looked to the hallway, so if that is undesirable you might want to bring it up when you check in.

I was not able to experience the included breakfast, as i had to leave early for the airport both stays.

The WiFi was decent throughout most of the hotel, but kind of weak in the upper floors.

The front desk staff was always very helpful and friendly.

The hotel is in a great location in Miraflores. There are small shops and restaurants all over the area, ad you are just a short walk to either Larcomar Mall or the Parque Kennedy area.
The whole area is very safe at all times of the night or day.

The hotel definitely presents a cheap, comfortable alternative for a stay in Miraflores.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank delaceiba
There are newer reviews for Suites Larco 656

Reviewed 3 November 2011

as i arrived at the low grade entrance... i was led into an.... CORRIDOR CORNER CONVERTED INTO A ROOM RESEMBLING SPACE WITH NO WINDOW. i was horrified! have seen bad hotels, but this certainly was the worst i have seen. that was some sort of 1 star dormitory quality. fortunately the receptionist felt sorry for me and upgraded me for free to a so called luxury apartment. that was of 3 star quality and was worth the 44$ i paid per day. still it was extremely noisy. avoid booking here at any cost! the breakfast - just an omelet and an apple.

Room Tip: do not book here!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank silvy023
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of our trip and one night at the end. the first two nights we were in a regular room. Nothing too special about the rooms. The carpet was a bit old, and the bathroom was very basic. Slept well, though, and had a hot shower in the morning. The cafeteria didn't have much for breakfast, though it was adequate. Service was excellent. And there is a roof-top patio with nice chairs and tables that made a great place to relax and talk in the evening. Strong, free WiFi signal in the cafeteria, the lobby, and on the patio upstairs. Not in the room, though. There is also an Internet Room with several good computers. I don't think they had a pool, fitness center, or spa in the hotel.

The last night we stayed in one of their suites. That was wonderful. The suites cost more, but I highly recommend them. Very spacious, and the furnishings were great, the bathroom and bedroom were far nicer than the standard room, and there was a kitchenette. WiFi, too. It made a great place to base our final exploration of the area. I wish we had known about the suites the first two nights.

The location was perfect! In the heart of Miraflores on a well-lit, well-patrolled street. Six blocks straight down to the coast and LarcoMar, the upscale mall. Three blocks the other way to the plaza, great shopping, and all sorts of very nice restaurants and clubs. I had 10 high school students with me, and I was able to let them go and explore without worrying about them getting lost or into trouble. I talked to several locals and US study-abroad students who all said that in that area, they felt safe at all hours of the night.

Plus, the hotel is doing some renovating and expansion that should make it even nicer.

When I go back to Lima, I'll stay there again. In a suite.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Need2TravelGA
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We stayed here 4 times over the course of 2 months and were very pleased with the price and the rooms. Each time we had a sort of suite with 2 rooms but only twice was one of the rooms a sitting area. Then the price went up and despite booking 2 weeks in advance (and being a regular customer) and requesting a particular room which had a matrimonial bed, they tried to palm us off with a tiny cramped room. To add insult to injury 2 women came after us and were given the room we requested! When we complained they said they had booked it! We werent happy and eventually they gave us a suite with a kitchen area but it was right on the road. We gave up after one night of no sleep and moved somewhere quieter. Also there is a major building construction going on next door and banging and drilling all day. Shame as it was the last 2 days of our holiday and we really liked the hotel up until that point.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank IndiaGal
Reviewed 17 January 2011

If you're traveling with several people, this could be a good value because there are two bedrooms in each suite. Good, safe location--just a few minutes from the central park in Miraflores.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I was quite happy with this hotel. I really liked our suite, two bedrooms, kitchenette, small living room, and one bath. They had an internet room, a nice breakfast (better on the weekends,) and very friendly staff. The location was the best with a lot of shopping, restaurants, and sites to see.

I have three complaints:

1. My bed was really hard and uncomfortable.

2. Our room was right next to the laundry room which ran all night long. We were told they were short on towels and had to wash them daily. The noise of the laundry wasn't too bad, it was the voices of the workers that kept me up. They were talking very loud!

3. This one is a biggie: We came back to the hotel early one day and the cleaning lady was just finishing. She was cleaning the kitchen and I saw her take a wet rag and wipe all the plates, glasses, and cups with it. No soap even though we had purchased dish soup and it was sitting on the counter. I was so grossed out that I asked her to stop. Who knows how many times she used that rag? I proceeded to wash everything again, with soap!

Aside from my 3 complaints, I still liked the hotel. It was ok for my purpose which was a place to sleep after a long day of site seeing and visiting with family. I will probably stay there again but I'll make sure to wash all the dishes before I use them!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Cafelizard
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Rooms are clean but plain, minimally furnished, and kind of dark. The staff vary quite a bit, some are helpful. We were told we would have free Internet access, but as it turned out, not all rooms have cabled Internet connection, and the wireless did not work. Only one of the computers in the business center worked, and the staff seemed to have no idea what was wrong with the other one or if it would ever be fixed. On the positive side, there was an excellent free breakfast with great variety in a comfortable, sunny breakfast room looking out at the street, and the location is great. Easy walking distance to all of Miraflores, LarcoMar, and the beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends