“Unreliable transportation”

K'usillu's Hostel Backpackers
Ranked #212 of 392 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My experience here was soured by an unfortunate situation with my airport transport. My flight out of Lima was in the morning and I needed to leave at 4:15am. I was told my driver would be there on time.... He was not. So I waited...and waited...and waited. I was on my way out the door to find another cab when he finally showed up an hour late. Apologizing casually, he said that he had overslept. Not okay in my book. When we arrived to the airport, instead of going in the front entrance he took me around back to this sketchy parking lot. I thought "Is he going to rob me now?" to get to the airport we then had to walk (RUN because we were so late) about 5 minutes with all of my bags. In retrospect I think he took the back way because he did not want to pay the entrance fee.

Prior to all of that my experience at Kusillus was fine. I had no wifi access in my room because the signal was so weak. The owner seemed nice and it was pretty clean. However I will not be recommending this place to anyone because I almost missed my flight.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sarita888

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel has great location- near all attractions! Really nice roof terrace. Hotel was cheap but normal rooms, normal bathroom (we had private room with private bathroom). Only stuff do not speaks english- only one person understood english but stuff was friendly and understood what we asked :)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

In a nice location with supermarkets very close, restaurants and take-out places we enjoyed our time at Kusillus. Rooms nothing to rave about but clean and comfy. Internet good and breakfast not much more than the typical West Coast South American brekky. Just a decent cheap place to stay in Lima.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ramenmuncher
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I can’t fully review this hostel because our driver, who we arranged through Kusillu's ahead of time, took use to a different hostel and told us kusillus was full for the night. We booked our reservation weeks in advance. While I appreciate them finding us another hostel, but being told we were being taken somewhere else after we had reservations, left a bad impression.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Right in Miraflores and easy for our airport taxi driver to find. Good security with two metal gates and someone on duty 24 hours. Mix of rooms, we had two ensuites which were basic but fine with hot water.

Helpful desk staff. Good selection of movies and WiFi. Breakfast OK. Games on roof area including table tennis.

Good value for location.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SmallBizOwner
Reviewed 4 January 2013

+ the rooms are good and clean and there is a nice roof top terrasse. The rooms don't face the street so it is quiet at night
+ very good location
+ the staff is extremly nice and helpful
- the owner is rude and doesn't apologize if there is a problem. (always talks back)
unfortunately, it doesn't make a nice place to stay as you feel uncomfortable around Ricardo (full of himself)
- charges an higher exchange rate if you pay in soles instead of dollars (not normal)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank julie w
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Kusillus ....hidden in the heart of miraflores

Just central , in the heart of Miraflores, so well hidden on the main Larco Avenue, and a thrilling price.....just one flight down , cafes, shopping , tourist information centre , malls etc. Ricardo owner very helpful, polite full of energy., and a lot of info literature for the guests .
The room spacious for 04 , but we were 03 ladies even with 04 there is ample of space....unlike some which are packed with beds only and no place to even keep your small bag,. this one has a table chair,phone TV. Bathroom was okay , should have an exhaust for the steam and hence the ceiling is full of fungus,.
Rooms ,clean, beds okay not expect anything better for the price but can do with a coat of paint.
We met a family of Peruvians from Arequipa who choose this place because of its centrality and a homely atmosphere, it even included breakfast some lovely bread an all.
it was a too short a stay, ideally 02 nights and 03 days is very good for Lima