Thunderbird Hotels Fiesta Hotel & Casino
  • Restaurant
US$134
US$126
Hotels.com
All reviewsnice hotelstayed for one nightcentral locationwalk aroundbalconyduplexsuitemirafloresperuratesluxurydistricttraffic
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here for a short business trip to Lima and was very impressed by the rooms. Two story, modern, and very clean. Great place for business or pleasure. I was worried about the noice since it's by a Casino, but this was a no-factor. The other Thunderbird properties in Lima are different...can only recommend the Fiesta property. The food was great and the staff was amigable. I'm heading back to Lima soon and I plan on going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank Inca_Pilot
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I am right now staying in one of the so called suites at the Thunderbird hotel... Guys, this is so much a has been hotel..... Totally run down and directly horrible place... Service is the worst ever and security a joke.....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank PeterPostLundsgaard
Reviewed 14 January 2011

This would have been a five star review - hotel was exceptional value for what I paid (third night free booking through Expedia), the rooms were massive (duplex with full living room / kitchen / toilet downstairs and bedroom / bathroom upstairs) and the location was very good in the heart of Miraflores (and the glowing Thunderbird sign on top of the hotel ensures that you can always find your way back at night).

Unfortunately on my second day I had some money taken from my bag while it was in the room. I accept that I should have used the safe, but as the money was buried quite deeply in my bag (UK cash rolled up in a camera case - 2 of a roll of 4 20 pound notes taken, presumably so that it wouldn't look suspicious), the level of rifling needed to get to the money is really what worries me. Front desk staff seemed shocked and said they'd speak to housekeeping, but didn't ask for any details or suggest any course of action like getting management involved. I hope that they sort this out as it marred an otherwise very good experience.

I would still say stay there, but use the safe and keep all your bags padlocked whilst unattended.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank senaUk
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Beautiful upscale hotel, all suites, with 5 stars customer service. Excellent location, walk to everywhere in Miraflores, or ride a taxi for few soles. The Casino is awsome with every night shows, Mary Carmen is a wonderful lady who will take care of you while in the Casino. Look for Carlos, he is a bell boy, but he really is a concierge with knowledge of every restaurant, club and places you want to go in town. Tell him what you want and he'll make reservations and coordinate anything you need, free for you, as part of the hotel services. On the other side, Claudia at front desk is a very helpful young lady who will try to help you on anything you may need or want. All the employess we came in contact with are excellent; However these three exceeds the Service limits to try to please you. About Peru, I must say that is a beautiful and the cleanest country I have ever visited, the peruvians are very good and helpful people. Go to Peru and have a lifetime experience. We are going back in 2011.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rofiguero
Reviewed 24 December 2010

I have to give this hotel a good review because the rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, and although very dated, the hotel is attractive. They provided free computers for email use, served tasty food in their 21st floor restaurant and were helpful with directions. However, when I got home I found that several things had been removed from my luggage. I went shopping the day before I left, and several purchases didn't make it home. I had packed, but left my luggage unlocked in the room while at dinner. Big mistake. Since my bag was locked from hotel departure until I reached home, I know that the items had to disappear at the hotel. Nothing can be done now except to warn others to keep your luggage locked when you are not in the room. My friend who was in the room next to me had the very same experience. Except for this "theft", the hotel was very nice although I much prefer the Miraflores Park Hotel if given the choice.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo