“Great value, beautiful neighborhood, helpful staff”

El Golf Hotel Boutique
Ranked #50 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 29 March 2014

If you're looking for a cookie-cutter international chain hotel, this is not the place for you. However, if you want a place that makes you really feel like you're in Lima, the DUO Hotel Boutique is perfect.

The staff I encountered during my stay were all very helpful. I was only there for 24 hours and had a short list of my must-sees for that time period. They told me what I could and could not walk to and made sure I had a cab for the places that were not walkable.

It's around the corner from a Vivanda supermarket, which is great if you have little things you need to pick up or want to pick up some candy to bring to the folks back home.

The wifi was great and it was easy to keep my room cool with the air conditioning unit located in it.

The neighborhood felt very safe; I often saw police patrolling the area.

Remember, folks, in Lima pedestrians DO NOT have the right of way! Figure out where traffic might be coming from and look carefully before crossing the street.

The only downsides: The safe in my room was not working (but of course all hotel safes can be opened by members of the hotel staff, so they're not all that safe anyway) and when I woke up at an ungodly early hour of the morning I couldn't get hot water in the shower. But the hour I woke up is more accurately described as "middle of the night," so I really think it was my timing that was at issue.

I asked for a car to the airport and they set me up with a great driver who arrived two hours before I needed to leave and waited patiently until I was ready.

Room Tip: Remember, a single room is in fact a SINGLE room. Unless you and your partner are incredibly skinny...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rednikki

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I enjoyed six weeks in this lovely hotel, with extraordinary staff who genuinely cared for my wellbeing and were attentive to all my needs. Location is safe and lobby and dining room are elegant. Room was impeccable; patio and small pool area a delight. It was quiet in a city where noise prevails. Breakfasts were ample and well served and other meals could be prepared when required. Always a treat dessert in the evening and always a smile and utmost courtesy. I can certainly recommend it for short and longer stays and I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Erika B
Reviewed 11 March 2014

we stayed 2 nights in this hotel, the service is great, everyone in the hotel are very nice, helpful and accommodating, the area where the hotel is perfect when doing a business trip. quiet area for a good sleep quality, rooms are super nice with clean bathrooms. i will definitely stay here in my next business trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Briefly, the hotel and the staff were excellent and were always willing to assist where needed or wanted.

Room was most importantly clean and was also a perfect size.

Food which I had (lomo saltado) is a must have for anyone going to the hotel and well Peru. I also enjoyed the little surprises(dessert sample) left in the room by the staff, which awaited me when returning in the afternoon.

Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: I always enjoy high floors, however, there are no elevators so just keep in mind if you have a lot o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Duo is a smallish boutique hotel in the San Isidro district of Lima, Peru. Although not some mega luxury hotel, this place is excellent! Our rate was around $120 USD and that is extraordinary value. The hotel itself is very close to the Lima Golf Club and is an more of an upscale part of Lima. It's interesting however, because it is on a small residential side street which makes it very quiet at night but still very close to a main road.

There are taxis everywhere along the main road and if you just want one in front of the hotel, they will grab one for you immediately. Getting to central Lima takes about 15 min due to traffic and Barranco is closer.

The hotel itself is small and quaint, yet it has a lot to offer. First, the rooms (although not made of solid hardwood and marble, etc (haha) are perfectly clean and comfortable. We found the bed to be great and there is a mini bar. Outside in the back, they have a small plunge pool which is really great because Lima is hot and it never rains.

The single best part of the Duo hotel however, is it's staff! There is one thing to have a smile on your face and assist your guests, it is another thing to well above and beyond like the Duo did for us! They worked feverishly with DHL and Fed Ex to help us ship a package home to the USA. They were so pleasant and accommodating. One of us (me) was sick with a minor stomach virus I got earlier in the trip and they tried to help as much as they could. They suggested a great restaurant called Jose Antonio which is about a 10 mi walk. The place is great and food was awesome.

Overall, (Not if) bug when we. One back to Peru to hit Cuzco and Macchu Picchu we will definitely come back to the Duo when we are in Lima! Do yourself a favor and god there. They provide a great service and treat you like friends/family.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bengals868
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Boyfriend and I loved this hotel boutique. Not only for the free upgrade ;) but because everyone was so nice and the location is great (close to Ovalo Gutiérrez, vivanda and farmacias) I guess our only complain is that one night we found our door open and when we went in the cleaning guy didn't ask if it was our room or anything and we kinda felt uncomfy about our stuff. but we did not lose anything so Yay. Another great thing about this place is all the free chocolate they give you :3 and great minibar prices too.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana K
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed 3 nights here on my trip to Lima in January 2014. Staff are friendly, polite and very helpful. The Buffet breakfast is excellent - healthy with lots of fresh fruit and your choice of eggs from the kitchen. The food from the Hotel's kitchen is likewise excellent. The staff will arrange a taxi to/from the airport for a fixed price, which I recommend. The rooms are clean, functional and comfortable. The foyer and the dining area is an area where you can easily spend an hour reading, relaxing and listening to the birds. The Hotel is set in San Isidro, which is also the location of many embassies and their residences. It is a quiet and safe area. It takes 10 minutes to walk to the beach and in about 30min you can walk to Miraflores along the cliff top walking path. Being out of Miraflores but near enough is a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo