“Perfection”

El Golf Hotel Boutique
Ranked #50 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 9 June 2009

If you are considering a hotel out in Lima, you must stay at the Duo Hotel. We began our vacation out in Peru at the Duo Hotel and felt that this hotel spoiled us as other hotels that we've visited did not compare. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from Miraflores which means you are away from all the tourists and the noise. At the end of our trip we returned for our last night stay in Peru. We reserved the Jr. suite and boy what a great surprise. The room was so spacious, comforting and it was just the best way to finish our trip.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yoolyalana

Reviewed 21 May 2009

A very nice "boutique" hotel in Lima -- a quiet neighbourhood, very clean and nice rooms, and personal attention from the staff. The staff was very helpful, and the value was outstanding.

The only caveat? San Ignacio really isn't tat close to the airport, so if you are looking for an "airport hotel", this one does take about 15-20 minutes by taxi. S/20 should be enough for the trip if you haggle, but you might have to pay S/30 using the airport green taxi.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Duo Hotel Boutique was an unexpected surprise. My sister and I visited Lima last December (2008) for a wedding and with the intention to tour Peru's main archaeological sites. Our stay was well-planned and because we have a lot of friends in Peru, Duo Hotel Boutique was the perfect place to stay, considering that it was one level above the Bed&Breakfast prototype. (Just what we needed!) Moreover, it was very clean, breakfasts were great, service was impeccable, and...it is located in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Lima, close to the "action", so to say. (It also felt VERY SAFE!)
In essence, I would recommend this hotel to businessmen and/or to adult people who have a well-organized stay in Peru, with a lot of things to do OUTSIDE the hotel.
For sure, I will consider staying again at the Duo Hotel Boutique for my next Peruvian adventure.
Note: Although the hotel had WiFi, it would be nice if it installed one or two PCs for use by the guests, as not everybody travels with a laptop.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank alexiadf74
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I stayed for a too short 3 days in the Duo Boutique, Lima. I don't remember having such value for the price anywhere else, every detail was charming and practical at the same time. Built on a stately elegant house in aristocratic San Isidro, is the kind of place where you feel as a guest of an good family, without the nuisance of fake courtesy. Staff was extremely well selected, intelligent and friendly. Perfect English. The room was gigantic and well appointed, the bathroom had a great hot tub plus a shower. Perhaps too big, but is it a problem? The garden and the pool were well taken care of. The breakfast was also home made and excellent. Due to small scale, everything is done specially for you, but just in time. I reviewed a Montevideo hotel (Plaza Fuerte) that had many problems because of scale, here is the opposite. Internet worked 100% and free.
Location is very good, even though restaurants close by are not good, a 2 dollars taxi takes you to the main places. Due to repairs in the main artery close by, and the one way street where the hotel is located, arriving and finding the place is a nuisance, specially for Lima taxi drivers that are seldom professionals. Several times I asked the taxi to leave me in the main intersection of Salaverry and just walk from there. May be a good idea to print a "directions commented address" to show to the taxi.
Anyways a fantastic find, I fear that I am contributing to my own problem becase this gem may be completely full next time I try it.

Reviewed 6 May 2009

Reviewed 16 April 2009

tucked away in the upscale residential neighborhood of San Isidro, this hotel is a marvelous addition to Lima's hotel collection. You will be greeted by the smooth jazz playing in the large reception area and an efficient and courteous staff. Transformed from an old mansion, the rooms are immaculately clean, with all the amenities that you would expect in higher priced hotels. We stayed in room 117 which is a junior suite consisting of a sitting area outside of the bedroom and bathroom area. The price was more than reasonable.
Breakfast is included in the room and comes with a fresh fruit salad. breads, and eggs cooked to order.
I would strongly recommend that you bring the address and telephone number of the hotel with you as most of the taxi drivers don't know where this is even when you provide the address.
There is a bank down the street and a large supermarket just up the road.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dandyone
DuoBboutique, owner at El Golf Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2009

“Many thanks for your review and evaluation. We really appreciate it, for these comments are an incentive to keep on improving our services.
We are pleased to make you feel at home!!!

Hania Pérez de Cuéllar
Owner

Reviewed 24 March 2009

Although our selection was careful, we found a nice place located in San Isidro, a real sophisticated neighborhood in Lima. Away from noise and traffic, Hotel was quite, warm and plenty of comfort. Staff was nice and kind.
Location and price are excellent for all travelers.