“Oasis in the middle of Lima”

El Golf Hotel Boutique
Ranked #40 of 227 Hotels in Lima
wanaka
“Oasis in the middle of Lima”
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I found this hotel from reading Trip advisor and got a great room deal off the web. The hotel was wonderful with the staff knowing my name as I walked in the door. Very roomy, clean rooms, a wonderful breakfast in the morning (staff can arrange a room service breakfast if leaving early), a nice outdoor area and a pool. On my return visit, I had a room next to the kitchen and had to contend with machinery noise on and off all through the night. The cost of laundry is outrageous but the room service was affordable, very quick and extremely tasty.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Wanakagal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Concepcion
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed at Duo Hotel Boutique because of the comments we had read on this site.
This is the fourth time we follow Trip Advise comments.... (Paris, Bahia, Varadero and Lima)
The hotel is like being at home but the best service, the front desk girls are really nice and helpful (a special comment for the wonderful fruits that Javier prepares for sure! ), thanks a lot!
The hotel is very nice and cozy, thanks a lot because we were given the suite since it was our 30th wedding aniversary and my birthday at no extra charge! And they gave us a complimentary wellness spa as present...... They really care for the passengers and are aware of any needs. Breakfast was served in the room at no extra cost but of course you can have it in the dining room if you wish so.

Really thanks to Javier because he prepared an exquisite guanaco filet, grilled fish and the best tiramisu I have ever tried! You really must have at least one dinner with him and try his superb kitchen. And I am telling you this after having a dinner at Astrid y Gaston, a luch at Pescados Capitales and another lunch at Museo Larco Herrera (a museum, yes! but believe it ..... it÷s great!)........

Thanks everyone, you are doing a great job in Lima!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2009

DUO Hotel Boutique is a gorgeous boutique hotel in the San Isidro neighbourhood. It is about 30 minutes from the airport (outside of rush hour) and 10 minutes by taxi from Miraflores. The contemporary rooms were clean and well decorated, the breakfast was delicious and the service was impeccable. The hotel arranged for a well spoken, educated guide to show us the highlights of Lima as well as transportation to/from the airport ($20).

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Kent, UK
Reviewed 29 June 2009

What to say new after the plaudits of others? I stayed for five days, went to Cusco for three and came back for two nights before returning the UK. The luggage I left behind and my laundry were in my new room as I expected. The staff are the strength. They are educated, civilised and unflappable. The lovely Hiromi (or Ivana if you must) guards the front desk during the day with charm and seamless efficiency; the pretty Daphne coolly at night. Javier the Breakfast cooks you an individual breakfast every morning – ever had a properly cooked soft boiled egg in a hotel? Javier the Dinner displays his considerable talents at night. I was very lazy and just let him cook for me individually every evening. Why go out when you can enjoy a splendid dinner for US$11 in the intimate stylish dining area of the main hall? No criticism? Yes, both bedrooms in which I stayed are a little under lit. The single room I had initially lacked a bedside light. It came immediately when I asked. The second bedroom could do with a light over the desk area. But these are minor compared to the excellent value for money, spotless accommodation and great style. Asked to fill in the visitors’ book on leaving, I wrote ‘Better than home!’ and I meant it. Oh – but there was one major thing which frankly surprised me considering the owner’s distinguished provenance. Both the Javiers’ excellent efforts should be supported by freshly ground pepper. Four peppercorn grinders from Messrs Cole and Mason have been sent so I can now say with confidence, ' The Duo Hotel is a gem.'

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank BASILVER
DuoBboutique, owner at El Golf Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, 7 July 2009
Dear Mr. Thomas

We have read your comment and felt so blissed. It is truly encouraging to read comments like yours, as we all here are devoted to get the satisfaction of each of our clients.

And thanks for your constructive criticism. We will implement your suggestions and with your fantastic present the “cuisine” will be complete!! We always remember you and your “trendy vintage” luggage. And with the four peppercorn grinders you will be with us every day!!!

Ivana, Dafne, Javier the Breakfast and Javier the Dinner are very thankfull for your kind comments.

If you have the chance to come back to Peru again, we will make sure your stay with us will be even more comfortable than this first time.

Best regards,

Hania Pérez de Cuéllar
Owner
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Thanks to all who wrote reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor. Thanks to you, I was able to make a well-informed decision. I will write my review in English but if anyone needs a Spanish translation, just send me an email.

PROS:
1. The hotel-converted house is absolutely gorgeous. It has a spa-like quality (very minimalist but inviting, cozy). The staff was attentive and courteous. The women all wear burnt orange shawls so you can identify them easily, though they are most often behind the desk.
2. The breakfast is a true meal: cereals, juices, eggs any style, bread, yogurt, coffee, fresh tropical fruit. And the service is super quick!
3. Hotel taxis available whenever. You'll pay a bit more (about 40%) but given that taxis are dirt cheap in the city, you might want to pay the extra few bucks (and I'm not kidding when I say 3 or 4) for safety and convenience.
4. comfortable beds, clean rooms.
5. nice location. Not close to the airport but honestly, you probably don't WANT to be close to the airport. Stay by the sea. The air is cleaner. There's less traffic. It will take you a while to get to the airport (40-45 minutes depending on the time of day) but it's worth the drive when all is said and done.
6. Lovely patio area with umbrella and small pool. We didn't use either, as it's winter in Lima and too chilly to take a dip.
7. Amazing WiFi. I don't think I've ever stayed at a place with such a strong, constant signal (neither in the US or abroad!) Take your netbook!

CONS:
1. The rooms are really lovely when you first enter. But I think that the configuration could be better. For example, there is really no space to put your luggage and the closets don't lend themselves for luggage storage. It would have been nice, maybe, to have a luggage rack. I wasn't going to unpack for a 2 day stay.
2. We didn't turn on the tv at all, but in our room (104) it was off to the side, which might have made for an awkward viewing experience from the bed.
3. Minimal noise in the morning can be an issue, as voices echo from the lobby down the hall.
4. This is a residential area so I was not surprised to hear dogs barking in the morning, also. But it wasn't really a true nuisance.
5. The jacuzzi was delightful and the bathroom was gorgeous but I couldn't help wondering if it was a bit TOO big. Oh, and there is no exhaust fan so when you shower, despite the ample size, the mirrors get very foggy. Same if you use the jacuzzi.

Overall, I liked this hotel and would recommend it to business travelers or friends who want to see what Lima is all about but at the end of the day, crave their own sanctuary. If I return to Lima (the ceviche is so good I might have to make a yearly pilgrimage) I would definitely stay here again. Mil gracias a los de Hotel Duo Boutique. La pasamos muy bien y agradecemos todas sus atenciones.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BLG71
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 9 June 2009

If you are considering a hotel out in Lima, you must stay at the Duo Hotel. We began our vacation out in Peru at the Duo Hotel and felt that this hotel spoiled us as other hotels that we've visited did not compare. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from Miraflores which means you are away from all the tourists and the noise. At the end of our trip we returned for our last night stay in Peru. We reserved the Jr. suite and boy what a great surprise. The room was so spacious, comforting and it was just the best way to finish our trip.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yoolyalana
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2009

A very nice "boutique" hotel in Lima -- a quiet neighbourhood, very clean and nice rooms, and personal attention from the staff. The staff was very helpful, and the value was outstanding.

The only caveat? San Ignacio really isn't tat close to the airport, so if you are looking for an "airport hotel", this one does take about 15-20 minutes by taxi. S/20 should be enough for the trip if you haggle, but you might have to pay S/30 using the airport green taxi.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple