“great place, great people, great country”

Inkawasi Backpacker Hostel
Ranked #38 of 350 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Reviewed 16 April 2014

great location near the coast.the building is a piece of history.nice room on the first floor.gorgeous...interior garden for breakfast. best hostel in peru. 2-4 04 2014.
thanks. best hostel in Lima, best hostel in Peru.

Room Tip: the first and second floor are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank adilatm
There are newer reviews for Inkawasi Backpacker Hostel

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have traveled for the passed 9 months through central and South America. Inkawasi is the nicest hostel I have ever encountered. I stayed in a private room on the 3rd floor February 2014. Very spacious room with a full size bed, soft comforter, clean white sheets, squishy pillows, large wood framed window, hardwood floors, thick wood door, built in wooden shelving, wood end tables, dowel and hangers, leather chair, tv with cable, large private bathroom with stone and tile, 3 towels, toilet paper and soap. 3 different wifi connections and it works great in room. Free breakfast. Nice people. Great location. Beautiful artwork. Gorgeous home.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Melissima77722
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed in this hostel for a couple of nights with my boyfriend and we loved our room. It was at the top of the building and had a great ensuite bathroom that was very clean and had a good shower. The building itself is lovely with nice furnishings and it was easy to meet other travellers here too. Great location near enough to the action in Miraflores without being surrounded by noise. I´d highly recommend this, even though it was a bit more expensive than I´d paid for previous hostels.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Unfortunately I can't recommend the hostel as the bed smelled like pee and blanket was dirty. Furthermore the room smelled moldy. Bathroom was ok. The breakfast was included but only rolls and jam was on the table + tea, thats it ... insufficient. Atmosphere wasn't good either.

That resulted in 2 points only. For one night it could be fine but none more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed for two nights in a private room at this hostel. My experience overall was pretty good, great location, clean bathroom and cool atmosphere. My only complaints were the following: the bed which was very stiff and it gave me back pain; one morning it was loud around the house, a lady was calling a kid named MARCO!!! very loud early in the morning and disturbed my sleep, and that because of its location being closed to the ocean it seemed a bit humid/musky in my room. Overall the hostel is very well taken care off, the common areas are nice and comfortable and the internet is pretty fast. I will probably stay again in this hostel but will most likely ask for a different room (not 304).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Miraflores is a great place to stay in Lima & this is a lovely hostal. Slightly expensive but worth it, especially if you need a break from travelling through Peru. Fabio is a quiet & very helpful owner who speaks English.

Room Tip: Some have sea views
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed 3 days at this Hostal in June 2012. Just got back from a wonderful stint in S.A. We had the greatest stay, very clean and quiet. We paid 100 soles a night for a double room, with hot showers and free breakfast (coffee, tea, buns and jam). There is a grocery store 10mins walk from the hostal and we made use of it. The owners allowed us to use the fridge and kitchen for our meals. The owner even helped out my partner in surf information and offered to help him out in lessons. Also helped us out for a ride to the airport on our lastday. Allowed a late checkout for a discounted price. EXCELLENT! There is a small book exchange in the TV room. Also, the beach cliffs are only a block from the hostal. The main squares are a 10-15min walk, but for us, that was no prob. 5 soles for a cab, or a nice walk. We walked a few times every day and had no problems whatso ever.

Our room was a bit damp, but being so close to the beach, we took it in stride. A de-humiderfied would be a nice plus, but def did not make our stay any less.

We will be coming back and will be stayin at the INKAWASi for sure! Thanks for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Room 200 had a shower head the size of a serving plate. HUGE and hot water every night. The king siz...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple