“Expect 2-star accommodation”

Hotel Ferre Miraflores
Ranked #89 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I made a last minute change in my travel plans and Ferre was the only available accommodation for two nights! Can't say that I suffered but I am used to better kind of hotels. Little details might annoy you like the shower's refusal for adjustment and ending up either burned or frozen cold! TV was of poor quality. On the positive side the staff was polite and well located. To summarise, if you are set for two-star quality, you won't be surprised!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ferre Miraflores

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel came as part of an Adventure World package. Location for tourists in Lima is an important feature we felt anf this made the hotel good for us.
It is a smallrivate hotel, not exactly brand new. Our standard room was OK and clean. Breakfast was OK too. Reception staff were helpful and a plumbing problem was quickly fixed.
Its great virtue is that the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Av. Jose Larco, the main shopping drag and the same time to the new shopping and dining centre on the waterfront. This was just what we needed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Please come expecting a hotel that is between 2 and 3 stars. The shower water temperature varies from cold to very hot during the shower, I mean once you are already taking the shower, without readjusting anything, so that was quite annoying. The bed is just ok and there are no blankets.

On my first day, I was quite bothered by the fact they had put two used soaps back in the paper case, so as to look as new, but I could clearly tell both soaps had been previously used. I thought that was really unacceptable and made a formal complaint. The staff apologized. A couple of times, when I opened the faucet, the water would come out murky, so I had to let it run for a while, until it turned clear.

I have to say the restaurant staff is really great. I had most of my meals there and I can say they are so polite and really made an effort and gave their best. Really hard working guys! The food also tasted great. Try their fish (pescado with spinach sauce) or their lomo saltado. If it weren't for this restaurant, I would have given the hotel a 2 star (poor), but they made it for the hotel, so I made it a 3.

I must say it is conveniently located near Larco Avenue and Larcomar Mall. So that is also a plus. But don't expect something luxurious or comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up rooom, so you may get a view from the ocean. There is construction in front of t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We spent two nights here. This hotel looks all modern from the outside with sweeping glass windows. Inside is just as grand with the spacious reception area and the computer centre with free computers for clients use. And the top floor houses the restaurant with nice city views, plus there is a small exercise room and a hot tub too. We found the staff friendly and helpful and they offered us coupons for free Pisco Sours when we registered (they tasted great). Our room was clean and comfortable, with a room safe and small fridge. There was a good supply of hot water and free wi-fi. We had a good city view and were able to see paragliders in the sky.

The hotel is well located in Miraflores, just a short walk to Park Kennedy, Parque del Amor, the lookouts fronting the Pacific Ocean, and the big mall at Larcomar where you can shop and dine. You can buy bottled water and groceries at Wong supermarket there, or eat at Pardos (cheap) or TonyRoma's (expensive) while enjoying the spectacular coastline views inside their restaurants.

The Hotel offered free breakfast which was sumptious with lots of hot and cold items - scrambled eggs, breads, jams, cheese, ham, juices, fruits, olives, hot beverages. And while eating you can catch up on the recent news on the wall mounted big screen TV.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mr_cruiser
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Staff was exceptional. They answered all of my questions and had great suggestions for walking about Miraflores. This was a safe neighborhood close to an upscale shopping mall. They arranged for a private car to take me to the airport...which was wonderful.
rooms are modern and clean with a European flare...minimalist but comfortable. Elevators and no stair climbing. Looking at some of the other reviews, I wonder if Ferre has done a refurbish because everything was fresh and very nice.

Room Tip: Don't forget your electrical converter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 5150Jan
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My family six of us went and stayed there for two nights in August 2013. This Hotel was book by our tour operator.First of all the Receptionist was so bad never smile very slow it took very long time to check in,even though we are the only guest there.We had 3 rooms. In one room the Toilet was block and overflowing as we went in to the room. In the other room water was leaking from up.When I complain about this they were not happy about it. Eventually they change one room and unblock the toilet in the other room. It was very difficult to communicate with them because
they don't speak English well. Gym was so small and old. There was no water in the Spa and that area was dirty. Nothing like what says in there website. That was our first hotel in Peru. For a 3* Hotel I was very Disappointed.Its more like a 1* Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nagarajah N
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was one of the poorest places we stayed in during our travels. The first room they gave us had only a 3/4 bed for two people - smaller than a double, and we just could not fit. They moved us at request to a room that had a single bed and a 3/4 bed - I would have preferred one double or larger, but at least we could fit this time. My son called up from his room asking if we had hot water in the shower, because they did not in their room. I said I would check and phone him back. I had hot water, but could not call him back because my phone did not work. Showers all leaked into the rooms causing stains and decaying tiles.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family