- Great Location.
- Well written emails.
- Indifferent, rude staff who don't make any effort to even smile for the guests. Given the majority of these are European or North American, they might want to learn at least the fundamentals of English. I speak more Spanish than they do English and that's just from what I picked up on the road.
- We stayed in one of the cabins that are mentioned in the other reviews. Thin, thin construction with little to no privacy. The bed was hard & made of a cheap vinyl - very difficult to get a decent nights rest on. Pillows were typical Peruvian affairs of 30 year old lumpy blocks of something.
-Breakfast doesn't deserve the name. Instant coffee, two bread rolls & jam served by a bored staff member in a kitchen with a table too small to serve everyone. Which leads to...
- The kitchen. Just don't even venture in there. Flys, rotten food piled in the uncleaned fridge, no decent utensils. Not worth any effort.
- Bathrooms had hot water in the mornings although when I had a shower at 6am (we were leaving early) it was freezing cold. The doors to the bathrooms don't lock properly resulting in some embarrassing moments for me and humiliating moments for my girlfriend. Cigarette ash in the sink most mornings.
- In order to enter or leave the hostel you have to ring a bell & the staff come to open the door. Good for security but inconvenient for pretty much anything else.
Overall, I wouldn't come back. There are better places out there in the same price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hitchhikers is a lima hostel that offers its guests a comfortable, accommodating, fun, and clean place to stay. Our staff will help you in any way possible to make your stay more enjoyable. We offer both dorms and private rooms with and without private bathrooms, a guest kitchen, parking spaces, a shared computer with internet and wifi, 2 living rooms where you can listen to music or watch a movie from our large dvd collection, and an open patio with tables to hang out or to have a BBQ. We want our guests to have the best stay and we are sure you will feel at home with our exceptional service.Our hostel is located in a very central and safe location in the best part of Miraflores which is close to the ocean and tourist places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hitchhikers Backpackers Lima Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.