“The breakfast justifies it all”

Peru Star Botique Apartments Hotel
Ranked #56 of 226 Hotels in Lima
“The breakfast justifies it all”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here for four nights during a conference trip and I can really recommend it. The room wasn't quite as nice as in the photos, but I didn't get a breakfast as good as this one anywhere else in Peru or in many other places. Staff was very friendly and helpful. In addition to that, the area is quite calm in comparison to almost any other place in Lima.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Erich S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belo Horizonte
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in a residencial area, a little far aeay from the touristic's places. Rooms are ok, lovely romantic pillow cover, hot shower. Every time I needed to ask for shower towel beacause they forgot to put it after cleaning the room.
They said the wi-fi was very good, but we weren't lucky - it just worked the lobby wi-fi, we couldn't acess the room wi-fi.
Breakfast is ok (hot and fresh bread, some fruit salad, egg, yogurt and orange juice). The are an amazing supermarket about 4 blocks from the hotel.
It was a good stay we had there, but honestly I would prefer to come back in Lima in another city's area (for tourism).

Stayed July 2014
Denver, Colorado USA
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a lovely boutique hotel with professional, responsive staff, clean comfortable rooms and a convenient location. We had problems with the WiFi at first and they worked hard to fix them. There is a small restaraunt on the property with good, reasonably priced food. This is a great alternative to the chain hotels. You really get a local feel and flavor here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The duplex apartment is fantastic. It is very spacious, well furnished, with a full kitchen. There are two bedrooms and a full bath upstairs. The ground floor has a living room, kitchen, dining area and 1/2 bath. The dining area has french doors that open onto the garden.
I recommend that you use the hotel shuttle to/from the airport. The large van is comfortable and the price is comparable to the official airport green taxi.
The staff were very helpful, but this is a small establishment, so don't expect grand 5 star hotel service. The feel here is more like that of a family owned bed and breakfast.
Although we were only there one night, I would highly recommend it for a family looking for a place to settle for an extended stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank LN_20142014
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Ok, if you are European, skip this review and book your room here, you will be happy; there were many Europeans there and I think it fits your model of hotel stays. If you are American like me, you are going to need a bit of attitude adjustment, so read on.

What's good here? The breakfast (free with room) is superb: fresh juice, fresh fruits in yogurt dressing with a tamarind-like sauce gently added, scrambled eggs, fresh rolls with three distinct and superb jams, followed by strong coffee. Yum, yum, yum. But don't come down and think you will get served in 5 minutes. Allow maybe 15 before anything arrives at the table because one person is running the whole show. The garden terrace is peaceful and well done. Diego and Carlos could not have been more helpful before we came (helping us line up an airport ride and then rearranging everything when Avianca cancelled our flight by a day) and after (helping us find what we needed in the city). Great staff! The hotel is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, but there are main streets and even a big mall two blocks away. Taxis a cinch to get.

What is less good? Well, the rooms photograph amazingly well. In person, they are a tad tired but not too tired. Just not as sparkling chic as in the photos. I know, I took a photo of my room and was blown away. But that is a minor thing. The noise is the bigger thing. The doors are thin. My room was just above the lobby, so I heard all voices checking in. Later in the night, the people above me moved furniture and it woke me up. The glass door on the balcony could not be locked, and the balcony was shared, so that made me feel vulnerable and nervous all night. And finally, before I came, they must have sprayed half a can of air freshener in my room. I don't know why because they did not do that in my colleague's room. I have allergies, so that smell was a real problem for me. I aired out the room for a couple hours but it lingered.

Long story short, I was pretty put out in the morning when I woke up after all this, But then I had that amazing breakfast, and when I came in from a long day, there was smiling Diego all ready to help me figure things out. I would have been happy to stay a second night because by then I had had my attitude adjustment. See my room tips to make this place work for you.

Room Tip: Every room is different. Mine (14) had a kitchen and sitting area two steps down from my bedroom, ad...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DbTX
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We arrived pretty late and our flight was delayed. The Peru star staff was ready and kind in picking is up. The rooms was very clean and the courtyard was gorgeous! We had a perfect stay there. Breakfast was tasty as well. 100% recommended.

• Stayed August 2014
Shropshire
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for a night in the family duplex apartment before flying out to a different part of Peru.

It is extremely spacious, (Lounge, dining and kitchen areas as well as two bedrooms and a balcony) and was comfortable. We would very happily have stayed much longer. We ate out in the evening, but breakfast was good, tasty and with friendly service. Service overall was again helpful and friendly.

On the downside, one of the bedrooms was a little more tired than the other, and some of the furnishings are rather dated. The bed, whilst OK, wasn't the most comfortable of our Peru trip - hence "very good" rather than "excellent". But it's still "very good" and better value than some of the hotels in Miraflores.

There is a new shopping centre just at the end of the road, with good restaurants, ATMs and stores.

Room Tip: Duplex apartment was extremely spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family