“Great budget hotel!”

Miraflores Suites Centro
Ranked #146 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Perfect location in Miraflores for exploring for the budget-minded traveler. I needed a safe, clean place to stay for a couple of nights and was pleased with the service and room. Nice breakfast upstairs. Best to know some spanish since staff's english is limited (or non-existant).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 March 2013

In the wonderful Miraflores area of Lima, you can't go wrong for convenience to shopping, touring and excellent choices in food. The price for rooms here is outstanding. Clean, small but efficient rooms make this Lima's best bet. There is no cont. breakfast but you haven't paid for it and there's a McDonalds down the street if you need basics. The staff if wonderful and they go out of their way to make sure your "English speaking visit to Lima" is satisfactory.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the property
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and would not stay again. The rooms felt a bit like a hostel – very basic and not well lit. The beds weren’t all that comfortable and the rooms were small. It’s not the most central location if you’re trying to stay in Miraflores. The receptionist didn’t really speak English making it difficult to get help.

Pros:
• The price was definitely lower than most places in Miraflores
• Good breakfast: eggs, toast, coffee, etc
• Good shower pressure although we didn’t have hot water one of the days
Cons:
• Small and dark rooms
• Uncomfortable beds
• Our room had a window that looked out to a brick wall in a shaft that went through the building
• Very basic amenities – needs to be updated

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank gregkaba
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I arrived early and was allowed to check in early. I talked a lot with the receptionists (I think they were humoring me as I tried to practice my 'spanish') and they were very kind and professional, and for the rest of my stay they made sure all my needs were met. One of them even accompanied me to the water fountain park of Lima and showed me how to use the city buses. They helped me get the best price on taxis, and had plenty of advice on the city.

Beyond this I found the hotel to be in a very safe neighborhood. I felt fine walking around in Miraflores, even well after dark. I admit perhaps this is relative, I was coming from other less safe parts of South America, so this area just felt so nice. There weren't really any stray dogs, and lots of greenery despite Lima being a city in a desert. There was a bakery and some good Peruvian restaurants close by, as well as a large grocery store called Wongs. The other big attractions in Miraflores are a bit of a walk away, but I found it a pleasant walk, and you could always take a taxi too - which tended to be very cheap in this city.

On price, the hotel really isn't bad in this department. I feel like traveling around the states, I know the type of hotel I'd get for under $60 a night, and this hotel is much nicer than that. There are surely fancier hotels in the city, but for this price I was very pleased. The bathrooms functioned well - hot water, good pressure (this can be an issue in South America) and a comfortable bed. There was wifi, as well as a computer available for guest use on the second floor. There was a provided breakfast, which was wonderful. Fresh orange juice, eggs to order, bread and jam. Again for this price in the states, you might get a sticky bun in a plastic wrapper if you get anything at all. The dining area is located on the 8th floor (with working elevators) so you get a nice view of Lima as you eat.

I had close to a week to see Peru, and I had figured I would spend some time in Lima, and then either check out Machu Picchu, or shoot down and see Arequipa or some other places, but I ended up enjoying Lima so much (and enjoying this hotel) that I simply extended my stay and spent all my time in Lima. Again, expectations play a role, and the places I had been before getting here were nowhere near as nice, but I can say I really recommend this place, and the city of Lima in general.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chesatamette
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Pros: The only thing nice about this hotel was the staff and Wifi. They were friendly and honest. They booked our taxi, told us the "real" cost of taxi to airport and made sure we departed for our extremely early flight at 4am. The location of hotel was ok, but for $20 more you can stay at a hotel with a better location, better accommodations, safer and provide more services.... I have stayed in better hostels.

Cons: Upon arrival a homeless person followed us into the hotel who the receptionist escorted out immediately and LOCKED the door. A bit of a surprise. Additionally, you have to ring the door bell at night to gain entrance to the hotel.

Our room smelled clean, but looked damaged. The sheets had wholes in them! Their were marks all over the floors and walls. The bathroom was clean, but the window connected to another hotel room! The window DID NOT LOCK. There was no lock on bathroom door, so if someone wanted to CLIMB in your room, they could.

We had 4 hours to sleep so I sleep on top of the sheets, which made me extremely itchy. I started checking for bed bugs, but didn't see any.

They wouldn't serve us continental breakfast before we departed like the previous hotel we stayed at in Miraflores.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Lindsay H
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed our last night in Lima here. While not super close to Miraflores beach, the hotel was quiet, the included breakfast included eggs, bread, coffee, etc. The staff we excellent and were really helpful about extending our check out time due to a late flight. While on a main street, the place was quiet and most comfortable. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hurei
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Great place to stay at, elevator does work ! front desk staff very helpful and the best is the location it is NOT as loud as Lima usually is in the am, did not try breakfast but do recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple