“Great Hostal, super price, nice area, near Miraflores”

3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B
Ranked #1 of 309 Lima B&B and Inns
Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Great Hostal, super price, nice area, near Miraflores”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stayd in this great hostel for visiting Lima. The hotel is very nice and modern with free wifi. The hotel owner and the employees did an amazing job to help me out during my stay!!! They organized a pick up and transfer back to the airport, gave me good tips for seightseeing. Can just recommend.

Janni Kostelidis

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
Washington,DC
Reviewed 23 August 2014

For our first nights in Peru we wanted a clean, quiet, friendly/helpful, inexpensive, hotel in Barranco. 2 blocks from ocean, 6 blocks from the center of Lima's most fun walkable neighborhood, 3B was nearly perfect for us (2 adults, 2 teens) Simple but excellent breakfasts, extremely helpful staff (who spoke English well and were patient in helping me recall my rusty Spanish.)

After reading some reviews here, we were worried about the street noise, especially since we would be just arriving in Peru and needed to recover from travel. So we requested in advance rooms near the rear. This completely eliminated the problem, at least in our case.

We also found the other guests friendly and adventuresome, which is always an extra peek.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far back, as far away from the street as possible
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a few nights in Lima before and after our trip up to the Cordillera Blanca, and weren't really looking forward to it. But 3B was perfect for us: its location a couple of blocks from the string of cliffside parks and trails meant we could go for a great run each morning, the neighborhood setting meant that it was incredibly quiet at night, and the accommodating staff helped us get to and from the airport and the bus station with ease. We also really appreciated the filtered water and coffee available at all times in the lobby - these were small but important perks. As other reviewers have mentioned, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The lobby where breakfast is served is not entirely enclosed, and Lima's generally foggy skies mean that the hotel overall is therefore a little chilly, so be prepared with some warm clothes.

For us, the location was a plus, but as other reviewers have mentioned, it is far from the Lima attractions. It is close to several great restaurants, however. We would (did, in fact) stay here again and highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I can't compliment B&B Barranco and their staff enough. There was a small hiccup when the driver missed us at the airport -he'd arrived but we hadn't found each other, and the staff insisted on giving us a free ride back to the airport to compensate.
The hotel itself is wonderful. It is beautifully decorated and while the rooms are a little small they are very comfortable. We got a great rest on their nice beds and the place was spotlessly clean. The breakfast offered is delicious, generous and fresh. There is a little bit of noise but in a cozy B&B that is to be expected and did not disturb us. The TV has a few English channels and the bathroom had great soap. The location of the place is nice, and we had a good time wandering around the neighborhood which was safe and quaint.
The staff was very helpful and spoke perfect English. They basically saved our vacation when I checked out and left hundreds of dollars in cash and an ATM card in my room after checking out. There is no way I expected this money would not only be recovered in full, but also delivered to me at the airport. I cannot thank the staff enough for their honesty, integrity and service. They truly exceeded any expectations I could have ever had, and practically restored my faith in humanity. What else can I say? I am their loyal and devoted customer for any return trip to Lima.

Room Tip: The second floor might be further from the small amount of noise from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank primerstar6
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of my Peru trip and I just loved it! I really liked the location, in the cool suburb of Barranco, a bit out of the touristy area. The rooms were pure luxury compared to the tents I had been staying in while hiking, and the breakfast was top-notch. Also, the service was fantastic, with the staff all learning my name and being very kind to me, which was great as a solo female traveler. So yes, would definitely recommend to all!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is very clean with very friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended! The only downside is the location. It is not that near to the major attractions in Lima.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This place felt really safe for a solo female traveler during my first 2 nights in Peru. Places to eat and go out for coffee are right across the street, which was a big plus for me (so that I didn't have to venture out in the dark on my own). The hotel itself is new and contemporary, and a little sterile perhaps, but rooms are big, lots of hot water in the shower, very comfortable beds - and it's quiet, I had a very good sleep coming off a long flight. The breakfast options are excellent, and service at receptions is also great. The only negative is that the common area in the center of the building gets quite cold in the winter, but there's always coffee and tea available to warm you up!

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor, and had no problems with noise. I imagine that the rooms on the fi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo