“Such good service”

Ranked #1 of 308 Lima B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Such good service”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the start of our holiday travelling around Peru. We had a late arriving flight and had arranged an airport pick up with the hotel. As described the taxi driver was waiting for us in arrivals with no problems. We arrived at the hotel at 1am and staff were there to check us in and help us with our luggage with smiles on their faces.
We had a lovely room with a lovely bathroom, all very roomy and clean.
On our first morning we went downstairs for breakfast which is served until 11am to find a lovely lady waiting to cook our eggs to order.
We asked reception about how to get to places we wanted and they were really helpful, they told us how and where to catch the bus and even loaned us a travel card for us to load money on instead of us having to buy one? They always offered to call a taxi for wherever we were going too.
I can't say thank you enough to all who worked here as they really made our stay one to remember, such a shame we had to move on.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stayd in this great hostel for visiting Lima. The hotel is very nice and modern with free wifi. The hotel owner and the employees did an amazing job to help me out during my stay!!! They organized a pick up and transfer back to the airport, gave me good tips for seightseeing. Can just recommend.

Janni Kostelidis

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Washington,DC
Reviewed 23 August 2014

For our first nights in Peru we wanted a clean, quiet, friendly/helpful, inexpensive, hotel in Barranco. 2 blocks from ocean, 6 blocks from the center of Lima's most fun walkable neighborhood, 3B was nearly perfect for us (2 adults, 2 teens) Simple but excellent breakfasts, extremely helpful staff (who spoke English well and were patient in helping me recall my rusty Spanish.)

After reading some reviews here, we were worried about the street noise, especially since we would be just arriving in Peru and needed to recover from travel. So we requested in advance rooms near the rear. This completely eliminated the problem, at least in our case.

We also found the other guests friendly and adventuresome, which is always an extra peek.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far back, as far away from the street as possible
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a few nights in Lima before and after our trip up to the Cordillera Blanca, and weren't really looking forward to it. But 3B was perfect for us: its location a couple of blocks from the string of cliffside parks and trails meant we could go for a great run each morning, the neighborhood setting meant that it was incredibly quiet at night, and the accommodating staff helped us get to and from the airport and the bus station with ease. We also really appreciated the filtered water and coffee available at all times in the lobby - these were small but important perks. As other reviewers have mentioned, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The lobby where breakfast is served is not entirely enclosed, and Lima's generally foggy skies mean that the hotel overall is therefore a little chilly, so be prepared with some warm clothes.

For us, the location was a plus, but as other reviewers have mentioned, it is far from the Lima attractions. It is close to several great restaurants, however. We would (did, in fact) stay here again and highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I can't compliment B&B Barranco and their staff enough. There was a small hiccup when the driver missed us at the airport -he'd arrived but we hadn't found each other, and the staff insisted on giving us a free ride back to the airport to compensate.
The hotel itself is wonderful. It is beautifully decorated and while the rooms are a little small they are very comfortable. We got a great rest on their nice beds and the place was spotlessly clean. The breakfast offered is delicious, generous and fresh. There is a little bit of noise but in a cozy B&B that is to be expected and did not disturb us. The TV has a few English channels and the bathroom had great soap. The location of the place is nice, and we had a good time wandering around the neighborhood which was safe and quaint.
The staff was very helpful and spoke perfect English. They basically saved our vacation when I checked out and left hundreds of dollars in cash and an ATM card in my room after checking out. There is no way I expected this money would not only be recovered in full, but also delivered to me at the airport. I cannot thank the staff enough for their honesty, integrity and service. They truly exceeded any expectations I could have ever had, and practically restored my faith in humanity. What else can I say? I am their loyal and devoted customer for any return trip to Lima.

Room Tip: The second floor might be further from the small amount of noise from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank primerstar6
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of my Peru trip and I just loved it! I really liked the location, in the cool suburb of Barranco, a bit out of the touristy area. The rooms were pure luxury compared to the tents I had been staying in while hiking, and the breakfast was top-notch. Also, the service was fantastic, with the staff all learning my name and being very kind to me, which was great as a solo female traveler. So yes, would definitely recommend to all!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is very clean with very friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended! The only downside is the location. It is not that near to the major attractions in Lima.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple