“A great tour agency in Peru”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peru Chasquitur Tours
Ranked #98 of 257 Tours in Lima
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was our third trip to Peru and our second time to use Peru Chasquitur in Lima. Four years ago they designed a two week adventure for us that took us from Lima to Cuzco, Macchu Pichu, Trujillo, Chiclayo, and up to Máncora. We loved the trip. We outlined our desires and our budget and they put together a memorable itinerary. They were always there for us either on the phone or in person to make sure that our trip was living up to our expectations. They provided us with excellent English speaking guides, comfortable modern vehicles and experienced drivers who never made us wait for them to show up. They knew which museums and ruins were not to be missed!

Last week we went to Lima and then on to Paracas, Ica, and Pisco. They booked us a wonderful tour of the Ballestra Islands and a flyover of the Nazca Lines from Pisco. We had the same attentive, professional service that we had experienced on our previous trip: a great chofer, comfortable new van, English speaking guides, and all accomodations and attractions booked and paid. When we returned to Lima they convinced us to see the Larco Herrera Collection even though we had seen it four years earlier. We were thrilled to see how the museum has changed and grateful that Chasquitur had suggested it. We will definitely use Chasquitur for our next trip to Perú!

1  Thank lisa_braden

Reviewed 5 June 2011

My husband and I traveled to Lima for a reunion and also to tour Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu; this was a two week trip. We couldn't have been MORE PLEASED with our travel agency, Peru Chasquitur!

Starting from the States, we had to not only switch planes, but airlines, and we ended up arriving very, very LATE; about 1 a.m. in the morning! Peru Chasquitur was not only there to greet us, but with a warm smile and genuine concern for all that we had gone through to get there that day.

Having been that I lived in Lima for 2 1/2 years, and I had already been to Machu Picchu years ago, I already knew more or less what I wanted to show my husband when we got to Peru. I found Peru Chasquitur on Trip Advisor, and told them EXACTLY what I wanted to do, and they put together a FLAWLESS itinerary. We had, yet another airline issue, where our flight got cancelled to go to Cusco due to weather conditions. It wasn't even Peru Chasquitur's fault -- and we HAD travel insurance -- but, Peru Chasquitur provided reimbursement for our Cusco hotel that night, and reimbursed us for our tour! That to me just shows AMAZING customer service! Again, the guide was at the airport to pick us up the "following day" of when we were supposed to arrive, and off on our tour we went!

When we returned back to Lima from Cusco, our plan was to tour Callao, and then go back to the airport to return back to the States. We had concluded most of our tour in Callao, but when we arrived the Fortress Real Felipe to tour, there was a long line because it was a Peruvian holiday. Our guide said, no problem, you can sit in the air conditioned van, and I'll go stand in line. My husband and I said why don't we just bag this idea. The guide was like, "OK, what would you like to do?" Instead we rode into Miraflores and toured another ruin, and then we went to Barranco and had appetizers and beverages at a restaurant overlooking the ocean. The Guide and driver did not return us back to the airport until around 7 p.m., when our tour was technically supposed to end around 4 p.m. Now THAT'S what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! All of our Guides and Drivers were just AMAZING, and BENT OVER BACKWARDS to ensure we really enjoyed our tours. None of our Guides acted BORED -- and you know they do this week end and week out -- they really love the history of their country, they are extremely knowledgeable, and it shows.

I did all of my booking through Peru Chasquitur via email. They are VERY RESPONSIVE. One word of note. You will have to FAX them a copy of your passport and your credit card, AND, pay in advance. The reason why they need this is for your hotel bookings, and this is just the way it is done. We bought travel insurance, and Peru Chasquitur is considered a Preferred Vendor, so I assure you they are 100% safe. I can also state that I comparison shopped with an American travel agency, and we $aved a considerable amount of money by using their service.

We were provided with FANTASTIC English-speaking guides (you have to request this), excellent accommodations, excellent restaurants that were included on some days, excellent recommendations. I just can't say enough GOOD about this agency. BOOK WITH THEM. They will provide you with a memorial trip of a life time!!!

5  Thank SandraPittsburgh_PA
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We traveled to Peru last month (Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Machu Pichu and the Amazon Rain Forest) using Peru Chasquitur. I got their name through Trip Advisor and we could not have been more pleased. We worked via email with Liza. Everything was first rate, and beyond our expectations. They really took care of us!! They actually cared and were completely invested in us having the best possible trip. Every guide, driver, hotel, etc. was just wonderful. We will definitely return to Peru and we will definitely use this company again to plan our trip.

2  Thank jaclyng
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We recently returned from a Peru trip planned by Peru Chasquitur Tours. It covered Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca. It was amazing well organized with agency folks handholding us and handing us off to excellent local tour guides. The company was able to react to some changes to schedule caused by altitude issues and all in all gave us a wonderful experience of Peru. My thanks to them.

1  Thank redgar0217
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I was just reviewing my previous reviews on Trip Advisor and noticed that I only had negative things...but I'm sure that I had written positive reviews of my trip to Peru, especially the agent in Lima who saved my vacation when I discovered my Toronto-based agent had messed up just days before my departure.

I won't mention the name of the Toronto agent, but I'd give full recommendations to Chasquitur (http://www.peruchasquitur.com/index.htm ).

The staff provided excellent service under demanding circumstances. When I contacted them, I was faced with a situation where I had air transportation booked from Toronto to Lima and back, but nothing booked for my time in Peru. Having read a recommendation from Peru trip advisor xochitl in a forum on Peru, I desperately contacted Chasquitur by phone.

36 hours and several emails later, they had meticulously planned and booked a tour based on the outline I gave them. Even though it was tailored to my requests, the cost was comparable to packages offered by popular North American tour operators in Peru, and the level of service and selection of hotels that I enjoyed in Peru were amazing.

42  Thank Deanno