“Will always come back here.”

Pariwana Hostel Lima
Ranked #1 of 343 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Calamba, Philippines
“Will always come back here.”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We are so glad that we stayed here. In the beginning we solely picked this hostel bec we can store some of our luggages before heading off to other parts of Peru then just return back to Lima to catch our flight. But we liked this place so much that instead of just getting our luggage when we returned, that we made sure to stay 2 more extra days in Lima so we can relax in Pariwana and we booked a private room in advance.
We stayed in the dorm and also a private room and all in stayed 5 days.
(+)
Friendly atmosphere
GOOD breakfast
the best TV room of all my journeys- large tv, wall to wall carpeting (they vacuum everyday) large pillows to lie in or prop with.
You get towels and soap (only if you take a private room prolly with bathroom)
You get 2 pillows per person. This is important for me.
You can cook your own meals although you can order at their restaurant as well and the food is tasty.
Available Free Coffee or tea (stops late at night tho)
FOR DORM - We stayed at the 6 person with shared bathroom inside the room, this is preferable coz you get more space to move around, its not so cramped inside this room. No provided towels for dorm users. This room is also in a quiet place.
LOCKERS- huge, can fit your whole backpack and usually has a socket inside so you can recharge your cellfones/laptop etc and lock it away.
FOR PRIV ROOM- We got the twin (2 separate beds) room with bathroom. If your a couple then just join the two beds together =).
Our room got a fan and ample sized bathrooom with towels and soap.
LUGGAGE STORAGE- they give you a stub whenever you have your luggage stored. We left ours for almost 3 weeks and was able to retrieve it with nothing lost.
We made friends.

(-) No wifi in dorm or priv rooms
Minimum or laundry is 2 kgs.
Restaurant is over priced imo.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Pariwana Lima is a party hostel through and through. The average age group of people staying here is late teens to late twenties, so it's great if you're into meeting the partying crowd. But steer clear of Pariwana if you're an early sleeper as many guests only come back well after midnight, and most if them drunk and rowdy.

The hostel is situated in the centre of one of the richest, safest and prettiest neighborhoods in Lima, Miraflores and we felt very safe walking around the neighborhood at all times of the day (there are many security officers patrolling the neighborhood). Bars, restaurants, banks, shops, the beach and Larcomar Mall are all situated a stone's throw away.

The beds at Pariwana are some of the most comfortable hostel beds I've slept on in South America. Beds are made daily and fresh towels are handed out everyday. I also love the lockers, which come with a electrical outlet in them (great for charging devices when you're out). Pariwana also gets extra points for the many guest activities it has planned for its guests.

Some cons. The reception counter is always understaffed and you normally have to wait for awhile before being served. So when checking out, give yourself plenty of time. Laundry is a whopping 6 soles per kg. Unfortunately, there are no lavanderías nearby so it's not like you can do your own laundry and save a couple of soles. Wifi is only available in the common areas i.e. the reception and bar area so Skyping or calling home is always a challenge because these common areas are always busy and noisy, particularly at night.

Tip: Ask for a dorm to the left of the reception area. Rooms there tend to be quieter. It was impossible to sleep in the dorms facing the main street.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Medellin
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights between Cusco and getting a flight out of Lima. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm, and on my first night I was the only person there (lucky me), although on the second night I had four people in the room, and it was pretty disruptive with two of the guys coming in drunk to their bunk in the middle of the night. On the plus side, the service was immense (I think Solange helped me - very nice), and it's very fun and social, and they provide a cheap-ish dinner option on most nights too...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Chiclayo, Peru
Reviewed 5 December 2012

They do not provide towels and will charge you to "rent" otherwise. Fantastic location and beds. Rooftop terrace has a stocked bar with food and drinks, although it's a little pricey compared to buying outside the hostel. If you don't mind a big social hostel, this is the best place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
La Cadiere d'Azur, France
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed at Pariwana Lima for approximately 2 weeks, and my overall experience was rather good.

Pros:
- Breakfast until 12 a.m.
- Large choice of meals for lunch and dinner at reasonable prices
- Nice terrace
- Very nice and very welcoming staff
- City tours organized and guided by staff

Cons:
- The music is always quite loud in the dining room
- With something like 60 beds, it's sometimes noisy, especially as a big proportion of travelers come here to party
- Not the cheapest you can find in the area

SPECIAL MENTION: As you will discover if you go in this hostal, there is a travel agency office at the reception. I don't know if the agency belongs to Pariwana or not, but I do not recommend it at all. They are very expansive, and I personally had a bad experience with them for a 5 days tour in south of Peru. They charge you some stuff in soles, some other in dollars, and if you pay your package in one currency, they will use a fake exchange rate so you will end up paying more than what you should. They made me travel by night from Ica to Arequipa, but for the same night, they made me paid for a hostal in Arequipa. When I discovered it, I couldn't reach the agency. Fake email address and wrong phone number. In the end they refund me, but you don't want to experience that kind of stuf while traveling...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Batbat_Nounours
Reviewed 28 October 2012

It's our first time in Peru and we were both pleasantly surprised at how fantastic this place was!! The roof top terrace is pretty cool, with cushions, chairs and tables! They have a bar with pool table and a tv room! There is free breakfast as well, which consists of bread rolls which can be toasted with butter and jam, tea and coffee. My partner and I aren't coffee drinkers so it wouldve been nice to have a jug of water or something as well. Miraflores is a busy town! With a lot happening everywhere you look! So when trying to sleep it can be a little difficult as the street noise is very loud and can easily be heard from your room! But with such a central location this is to be expected! If you love fast food this hostel is directly opposite mcdonalds, pizza hut and burger king and KFC is just a 2 min walk down the road! Miraflores seems like a safe place to walk around at night with lots of people and shops open quite late!

• Stayed October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Pariwana Lima in August for 4 nights. I chose Pariwana because
*I was travelling alone and wanted to be in a social environment although I am not a heavy partier.
* because of the organised activities
* the great location in Miraflores
* transfers from airport and other hotel

The rooms were good with clean sheets and nice soft blankets. Lockers in the rooms were great with a socket within the locker so you could leave devices to charge safely while out of the room. Other security boxes in the lobby where you can lock up passports etc. Most of the lobby staff were helpful but sometimes hard to get information out of.

I went on the magic water circuit tour which was pretty casual but I wouldnt have felt safe walking around the park at night alone so glad that it was offered.
It was easy to meet people at the roof top bar and the resturant serves nice food at a fairly reasonable price. Try the Lomo Saltado!

The only problem I had was noise as the bar was above me and I could hear the scrapping of chairs on wooden floor boards into the early morning. Also the traffic is quite loud but beeping horns are quite hard to get away from in Lima.
Its quite hard to tick every box when you stay in budget accom but if your travelling alone or with friends & looking for a great place to meet people & hang out at a really centrally located place then Pariwana is a really good option.

• Stayed August 2012