“Great choice in Miraflores”

Hotel Miraflores Lodge
Ranked #106 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Good, quiet location one block off the main street, this hotel was clean and comfortable, with an excellent breakfast. We stayed at various hotels during our two-week vacation in Peru, and the Hotel Miraflores Lodge offered one of the best value for the money. We had excellent service during our stay, no issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a 3-4 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guy L

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Right in the middle of downtown Mira Flores, this place has great rooms and a wonderful ambience. The old mansion converted into a hotel has good sized rooms. The breakfasts are hearty and good. The young lass at the counter seemed to get easily confused-i put this down to her age and lack of experience

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I made a reservation for 10 days for my mother to stay in the hotel. A day before her reservation was over ( feb 16 2013 around 3:50) I called the hotel to renew the reservation for 10 more days and the lady at the front desk that picked up the phone, was absolutely rude and angry with a terrible attitude, she couldn't care less if the reservation was made or not, she ( with no reason ) claimed that i could be an impostor, I identified my self and she had all my credit card information and my mother was staying there. Unbelievable!! She didn't want to give me her name and she didn't want to give me the managers name either. she said to call on monday. I explained that my mother had no place to stay and we couldn't wait until monday because on sunday the reservation was going to expire, and we were willing to give her anything that she needed in order to take it (credit card or cash) again she couldn't care less and her attitude was getting worse, at that point i decided to take my business somewhere else, she totally cancel all desire to stay in that hotel ever again.
I am really sorry for the owner because after my mother spoke to him, he was so surprised and he was a really nice person and understandable, but again, my mother felt so uncomfortable with the situation that she decided to leave.
Not only that, when my mother arrived in her room, her dresser was dirty and the TV wasn't working at all.
I absolutely don't recommend staying there.

Room Tip: stay away from that hotel there are tons of hotels in that area
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ksdj
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The people who run this place are kind and thoughtful. We asked where to buy soya milk, and then decided it was too far to walk, and just went to bed. The next morning they had bought soya milk and put out for our breakfast. The rooms are comfortable, and the courtyard in the back is a lovely place to have breakfast or read. Internet works throughout the building (unlike other places we stayed) and the rooms are clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MP_VDM
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Definitely recommended. Good value for money as the rooms are big, have flatscreen tv, fast internet, hot (always hot!) shower, etc. Everything you need. Staff is really helpful and fun. The owner loves coffee so it is the right place if you feel like some real coffee after weeks of instant crap.
Breakfast was the best breakfast we had during our stay in Peru. The buffet is really big and features pretty much all you need. Lots of stuff to put on your rolls (not only the usual jam), müsli, juices, eggs, etc., etc., etc. More than you can eat.

Overall good value for money (especially for budget trips, although nothing in Lima is really cheap we found) and definitely recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at the Miraflores Lodge Hotel in Lima, Peru at the end of August 2012 and had an excellent experience. The location is very central to most of the sites in Miraflores, and withing walking distance to the electric buses that take you to the historic Center of Lima. Very nice area of Lima, safe, and away from the traffic.

The rooms were immaculate, with nice, modern bathrooms. The common areas were excellent, and the buffet breakfast better than most hotels in this category have to offer.

The service was excellent, and the front desk ladies were very helpful.

I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back tend to be less noisy because they are away from the street. Although the tra...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Although my stay here was short, it was excellent. The hotel is superbly located, with many nice restaurants, bars, and shopping an easy stroll away. We checked in with a small group of 17 and the check-in was effortless and friendly. Our bus had a traffic problem and couldn't get right to the hotel so the hotel staff helped us unload all the bags from the bus and haul them to the hotel. Likewise, they helped us take the bags to each room promptly. They have a nice little bar area with a full bar and offer inexpensive wines and beers, which we took on their relaxing patio. The price was right, the location perfect, and the staff exceptionally helpful. Would definitely return!
Daniel

Room Tip: No elevators so if you have lots of luggage, request a lower floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends