“Japanese Restaurant”

Ranked #427 of 2,801 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This restaurant was on the corner or Larco and San Martin. Great food at a good price. The best sushi in Lima.
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The chicken tonkatsu was outstanding! The chicken was really tender and not dry. The flavor of their Korean beef was really good, great presentation also. The rolls were really good also. We're from San Francisco where there are lots of Japanese restaurants, didn't think this place would be as good, but it was!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I really can recommend this sushi place. They just prepare the food in front of you. (a matter of the place as well) It takes a while until it gets served but for sure it's absolutely fresh. A great experience. :)

Reviewed 28 March 2013

After 8 months without sushi, it was grand to have finally had some, and I'm glad we chose Magma. It was around 6:30 on Monday night and we were the only ones there, but the sushi looked fresh and tasted fresh. Most Maki rolls are around S.25 which is pretty much the price you're going to have to pay around the Miraflores district for most entrees although it was a splurge for our budget. They had a lot of variety to choose from.

Our rolls were really delicious, the service was all right. the ambience was nice. So all-in-all I'd say it wasn't the best sushi I ever had, but it was satisfying. And would I go there again? Yes. Would I recommend it? yes.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

The sushi here was just average and I found the rolls weren't tight enough as they broke appart as you dipped them in soy sauce. The sashimi also looked like it was cut with a blunt knife.

The flavours were fine but I felt this place would be better. I had read good reviews and it was listed in the Lonely Planet guide.

Lima is filled with sushi places and so shop around before you come here.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have been eating at Magma for the past three years, usually about once a week. The sushi is fresh, the makis are original and creative incorporating Peruvian elements and styles. I always start with the flaming shellfish appetizer "The Fire" It is entertaining and the combinations are great for preparing your pallet for the sushi options. Peru has great sushi in many wonderful restaurants. Edo is probably the best recognized and has great sushi, but lacks the casual, comfortable feel of Magma. It is a small restaurant but intimate and they have arrangements and table for a group of 10-12 or a couple. The owner is usually present to chat and receive feedback. I like this place a lot and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to locals or visitors.