“Excellent Restaurant in a very safe and beautiful area of Lima”

Central Restaurante
Ranked #32 of 2,838 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$35 - US$140
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Central has some serious food, bread service was top notch. Octopus dish was spot on. Complimentary dessert amuse Buche sized bites were well made and tasty. Both fish dishes we had were artfully prepared and seared crispy to perfection but the doneness of medium/medium rare (by design I assume) made these whitefish tough to cut and chew. fully cooked and flaky white throughout would have made the experience a 5 out of 5 for us. Im sure dinner and the tasting menus would also shine.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I dined here a couple months ago with my husband and a friend from Canada during her last night visiting us in Peru. It was a Monday, so they were able to accommodate our reservation easily, and were very easy-going when I called to say we would be about 20 minutes late (due to a flat-iron left plugged in and only remembered once the taxi was already half-way to the restaurant!)

The menu wasn't extensive, but everything we ordered was delicious, well presented, and cooked exactly to order. The service was attentive and well-informed, especially the sommelier. While I couldn't sample the great wine selection (I'm pregnant...who do you think forgot to unplug the flat-iron?!) my husband and friend were pleased with their wines and liked the wide selection of by-the-glass options.

After living in Peru for 1.5 years, we have gotten used to excellent dining at (relatively) affordable prices, and Central certainly ranks among the best we have experienced. We'll be back!

1  Thank Cdn_in_Peru
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great restaurant, one of the best worldwide, I always enjoy dinner here. I came late, without reservation and they were able to accommodate me.

The wine list is great and very well priced, would have expected prices to be much higher! Ask for the sommelier, he is very well informed and knows his list inside out.

The Alturas 8 Degustation menu is a steal, you should definitely go that route. You'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of different plates, you can also select the wine pairing

Great location, you can also visit the kitchen, which is an added bonus. Located in the south of Miraflores, near Barranco.

Safe to walk to

1  Thank Vincent M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

WooW ... what a smash !
Yes it's expensive for Lima, Yes you can eat for less expensive .... but No you can't find this level of amazingless !
It is something you have to experience once in your life. It is memorable and clever.
The chef has idea and bring his experience on your plate.

3  Thank Matt75013
Reviewed 26 May 2014

After trekking through the Andes, we decided to treat ourselves to a meal at Central, and it did not disappoint. We had the 8-course tasting menu and it was fabulous. Make sure to reserve in advance.

1  Thank P T