“Great location, fantastic value!”
Review of Lima Wasi Hotel

Lima Wasi Hotel
Ranked #95 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here twice, at either end of my Machu Picchu tour. Fantastic location, with easy walking distance to Larcomar (very pleasant shopping centre, great restaurants, overlooking the Pacific) and the city centre. I was very impressed with the size and comfort of the rooms. I spent 4 days prior to heading to Ecuador, in a very luxurious room with enormous and comfortable bed, large and modern ensuite, flatscreen tv, and secure safe. I also found the computers and free wifi to have pretty good speeds. Breakfast on the upstairs terrace was enjoyable and pretty cheap. The washing service was a lot more expensive than in Cusco. The staff were pleasant and fairly helpful. The hotel has a safe airport shuttle service, which I utilised for a 4.30am flight.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank GoldCoastAA
There are newer reviews for Lima Wasi Hotel

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here a number of times over a 2 week period whilst on a school trip. The beds were very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. The showers were a little temperamental but after a week in the jungle any hot shower was very welcome! Is situated very near to Larcomar which has shops, Starbucks, supermarket and resturants. They accomdated us with an early breakfast a couple of times - i found the open air eating area a bit cold but maybe thats just me. We were always too early for the cooked breakfast so I cant comment on that but cold stuff was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

A good option to stay im Miraflores for a low price (100$ per night). Basic rooms but very clean and big enough. Maybe noise can be a problem for the rooms located in the front side. Breakfast included but not specially good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed at the Lima Wasi Hotel for two nights following my arrival in Lima. The room was basic, clean and rather cold. (The air conditioner only blew cold air.) The location is central - walking distance to the Larcomar shopping centre and Pacific Ocean. There were a lot of banging doors and loud voices up until about 10pm but then it quietened down and I managed to get to sleep. Unfortunately, I was woken up about an hour later by noisy and inconsiderate late arrivals was unable to get back to sleep. This happened on both nights of my stay. Not the best hotel to stay in if you arenoise sensitive and trying to recover from jetlag.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great customer service arrived at hotel at 8:00 AM after an early flight arriving from Huaraz. They had one room ready while ours was prepared. It had good internet connection, good breakfast the next morning. We got to breakfast at closing time 10:00 AM they made us some fresh eggs. It was too chilly to sit outside on the nice open roof deck patio. For our departure were able to store our luggage until we departed to the airport. Staff called us when I left a my blazer in the storage room! ASo we stopped by on our way to airport to pick it up. They printed our boarding passes from the PDF I emailed them. Plenty of extra points for customer service but not a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Church bells are loud on Sunday AM get a room in the back if possible. Phone system requires persist...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pslbethesda
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at the Lima Wasi for two nights in March. The rooms are clean and basic - it's an unabashed three star hotel (hint: if you're looking for luxury and service, hit the JW Marriott down the street). Although the decor could use an upgrade, the hotel was perfectly fine for what I wanted: a place to store my stuff (there is a safe in each room) and a clean place to shower and go to bed. Wifi was a bit touch and go in the rooms (even in the lobby), but there are several computer terminals in the lobby for use that are actually quite fast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Khowaga
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed at the Lima Wasi in December. It was my third visit to Peru, and third time in a different hotel in Lima. I found my room a little musty smelling, and the cleaning wasnt done to my expectations. Staff was friendly and courteous, and location was very good. But I probably wouldnt go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo