Miraflores Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Antonio Abad(Lima)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot waterhotel costkennedy squarewalking distance to larcomarrooms are clean and comfortablebreakfast includedbudget hotelwi fiminute walkplace to stayairport transferstayed for nightsvisiting limarafaelfreewaymirafloresdriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I booked this hotel by phone after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor. I arrived to Lima at 2 am and I was a littled shocked because is not really a hotel is a family home!
The room was simple but perfect for a business trip. I had a clean bed, a really shiny and clean bathroom. The Wifi worked in the bathroom only, but I'm pleased that I stayed there. The staff (family) was really friendly and helpful. I felt really safe there.
The breakfast is simple but served on time. The first day I got coffee, bread, butter, jelly and cheese. Delicious. The second and third day I was served scrambled eggs instead of cheese. Delicious too.
The cab offered the first day to get me from the airport to Miraflores Inn was perfect, and every morning they help me to get a taxi to get to my job.
This family hotel is a great option in Lima. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank elssab
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed all over Peru, and this was my least favorite. Small room that was very stuffy. Did have a fan, but to open window meant anyone could see right in, as rooms are right on sidewalk. A bit of a walk from main part of Miraflores, and breakfast was just a roll and slice of cheese, and glass of juice. Did have good hot water and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank randywahoo
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The staff is GREAT! It's family-owned and the entire family went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and acquaint us with Lima/Miraflores. They helped my father and I find great places to visit, suggested traditional food, told us what price we should pay for everything, and were always up for a chat about Peru.

Good breakfast, very clean rooms, and a great location--we walked everywhere. Like most flights into Lima, we arrived very late at night, took the taxi we had ordered through Miraflores Inn, and had no problems checking in at midnight. We stayed on two separate occasions as we also visited Cusco and would definitely recommend it to people looking for a great value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Andra B
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I find all the great reviews here quite misleading. For 110 soles, I expected much more. I stayed here based on the user reviews.

Here's my honest assessment.

What I liked about the hotel:
. The young man working the front desk can speak English and is helpful.
. Clean rooms.
. Family run business
. Location is close to the beach. Probably walking distance.
. Good wifi in the room.

What I disliked:
. The staff can be friendlier. But them again, most hotel workers in lima appear a bit dower.
. The rooms are extremely small.
. No air conditioning. You get 1 wall fan. I didn't know that hotels without ACs still existed. It's hard to relax and cool down from your travels without AC. I had difficulty sleeping the first night.
. It's a family run business.
. The hotel is close to the beach, maybe walking distance, but how many people can find their way there or find their way back by foot? Most likely you'll have to take a cab. Some cabs don't want to drive to this hotel for some reason.
. No privacy. You can hear everything going on in your room from the cafeteria. From you showering, to your personal conversations. The windows are very thin and barely any security. You can hear ALOT...
. People can see into your restroom from the outside as there's a small opening in the drapes that cannot be covered.
. No security safe. I wondered everyday if my valuables would still be there when I got back. Anyone can literally, easily break in through the vulnerable windows.
. The beds are very small and too soft.
. 10" TV.
. The continental breakfast consisted of 1 sugary juice substitute. 1 cup of coffee or tea. 2 pieces of very airy room temperature bread. Some jam. Some butter. 2 slices of cheese. Hm... Not my idea of a healthy breakfast. Did I say 1 cup of juice? Because you're only allowed 1. That's the rule.
. No available outlets to charge your electronics. Actually there was one, behind the bed, just move it. No outlets in the restroom either.
. The shower did not drain well, leaving a 3" pool. When I pointed this out to the staff, they suggested that perhaps my foot was covering the drain. Really?

Room Tip: Maybe the large family rooms are Better. But doubt it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank socalguru
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I loved this place, Clean rooms, left safe and was there was accomidating staff that helped us with travelling beyond. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, hostels and B&B. This was great value for what you get. It's nice when you get to a place that is what is expected, not high hopes but clean comfortable and reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo